2023 College Football Thread

Norm

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

MHJ finishing 4th is quite the joke though. 

Why? There's literally nothing he's done that was exceptional outside of having his dad's name. If he was Bob Johnson Jr. nobody would blink. He's a really good prospect but nothing he did separated himself anywhere near Heisman level. 

On 12/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, Mazrimiv said:

Not that it would ever happen, but I actually don't hate Kelly's idea of breaking NCAA football into 2 tiered conferences of 64 teams each.  Add in relegation, and it would add an interesting twist to the end of each season.

UCLA's Chip Kelly advocates for single Power 5 conference

Relegation is one of the great things about soccer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Relegation is one of the great things about soccer.

If they did that in professional sports in America, there would be a whole lot more owners interested in winning rather than just making as much profit as they can. The two I'd really like to see it happen in are basketball and football.

Baseball could never happen until they do some revenue sharing so the small market teams have an actual chance to compete. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I can't watch them when so many kids are sitting out. I understand why they are sitting out, but it's not the same. 

Yeah exactly what I said last night. Don't blame the kids but it's hard..I tricked myself today when I was like wait why is Ewers playing? Oh yeah because it's a playoff so they care lol. 

This is only going to get worse and bowl games will die more and more. There's been some entertaining parts though

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I can't watch them when so many kids are sitting out. I understand why they are sitting out, but it's not the same. 

I thought Oklahoma v Arizona was kinda entertaining last night

Now this Cotton Bowl ... Well granted when you're treated to Joe Barry's stink show every week seeing good defense can be refreshing.  But at the same time, these offenses look very inept.

38 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I thought Oklahoma v Arizona was kinda entertaining last night

Now this Cotton Bowl ... Well granted when you're treated to Joe Barry's stink show every week seeing good defense can be refreshing.  But at the same time, these offenses look very inept.

Ohio State's offense has been challenged all year. Their QB hit the portal, he was terrible. The back up got hurt this game and is out. MHJ sat out as well. 

I just don't think OSU is that good, but Missouri actually looks pretty fast.