2023 College Football Thread

Norm

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I just want to point out that FCS does a 24-team tournament and has done that for many years, and it's great.

If the Southern Illinois Salukis can travel to the Kibble Dome for a saturday night game, the only thing that's holding back FBS is the idea that "an exhibition in the Rose Bowl is valuable."

Every level does a tournament except the one that supposedly crowns the ultimate National Champion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The B1G is literally Michigan, Ohio State, a gatekeeper Penn State, ******* hapless Iowa and then teams with 5 or more losses FFS. There was nothing special about the B1G this year. 

Michigan overrated. Iowa just a complete major offensive overhaul away from being clear 3rd in conference. B1G overrated overall. There is no conference  worth the second place podium. Only a debate of who’s worthy for third.

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Michigan overrated. Iowa just a complete major offensive overhaul away from being clear 3rd in conference. B1G overrated overall. There is no conference  worth the second place podium. Only a debate of who’s worthy for third.

The SEC is wholly overrated as well and has been for years. I'm beyond tired of "conference strength" talk. 

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."

Reading this quote from the selection committee really drives the point home of what a terrible system it was.  A group of guys in a room deciding if they thought FSU was good enough to win.  What a mess this will be if FSU takes down Georgia in the Orange Bowl.  They'd have a 100% legit claim as National Champions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rick Scott demands answers?

As a Florida resident, I feel better already knowing that a man of such unimpeachable character is taking up FSU's cause.

Politicians and 'unimpeachable character,' do not belong in the same sentence.

Hardly the point though. I do believe the state of Florida, possibly Florida State may be gearing up to sue. Not sure how that is going to play out and doubt anything will happen. It would be disappointing if FSU didn't fight for their kids. Even more disappointing if the ACC didn't join in. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Nothing will happen but I do hope FSU sues the **** out of the committee and the NCAA. The harm this does to the ACC from a recruiting standpoint cannot be overlooked. People should be held liable for this mockery of a process. 

FSU snubbing: Sen. Rick Scott demands answers as anger builds over college football pick - POLITICO

The NCAA rules are very clear. FSU doesn't stand a chance.  It's a waste of time and money to sue.