2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

The more I see from the this guy, the more I like. He is a menace. Seems like an immediate impact guy. Could also be an option for us depending on what happens with Alt and Olu.

It's not similar, but I will not be impressed by guys who bully college players anymore. 
That WILL NOT happen in the NFL. Just won't. Guys are too good. 

I don't hate Latham as a prospect, but personally I will not be impressed by that kind of stuff anymore. lol

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  I still need to scout out a few, but Fautanu is definitely a guard.  I think Mims and Latham are tackles, but Latham I wouldn't feel comfortable with on the left side.  He's an immovable object, but he's not very quick.  He was rock solid against Michigan last night.  I think both are long gone by our second rounder.

I still need to scout Fuaga better.  Only looked at a little of his tape, but people seem to think he's a guard.  Javon Foster is a little short too, so he might be a guard.  Jordan Morgan too.  Duke has a tackle, Wisconsin has a tackle, and Houston has a tackle that are listed at proper sizes, at least.  Tyler Guyton too.  Kingsley Suamataia is straight ***.

After that, there are some good options deeper in the class, like Blake Fisher (ND), Roger Rosengarten (Wash), Christian Jones (Texas), and Anthony Belton (NC State) all look like very good later round options, but round 2 is a little rich for me on them.  And I don't want to be looking at getting our only tackle in like the fourth round.

Honestly, if we have to pick at 7th, and take a receiver, the best move may be just to take the best available offensive lineman at any position.  Sedrick Van Pran or Cooper Beebe would be tough to swallow, but it would give us a theoretically very strong interior, and we should be able to trade down and get a very good interior OL.  The whole OL is a joke right now, so improvement anywhere is a net gain.

i haven't watched much fuaga but i also haven't seen a lot of people suggest that he *needs* to move to guard a la skoronski. he's got the size/length/athleticism to play tackle and has played tackle basically his entire career. my hesitation with him is that he's played *right* tackle basically his entire career and to my knowledge has little to no experience on the left side.

i wouldn't hate an IOL in the 2nd but there may be better FA options there than the tackle crop.

Edited by -Hope-

On 1/2/2024 at 6:19 PM, -Hope- said:

i haven't watched much fuaga but i also haven't seen a lot of people suggest that he *needs* to move to guard a la skoronski. he's got the size/length/athleticism to play tackle and has played tackle basically his entire career. my hesitation with him is that he's played *right* tackle basically his entire career and to my knowledge has little to no experience on the left side.

i wouldn't hate an IOL in the 2nd but there may be better FA options there than the tackle crop.

Just watched a lot of Fuaga tape, and I like him a lot.  I think he's a solid first rounder ahead of Latham.

Extremely powerful upper body, wins with initial punch most of the time, long legs so he can move fast too.  Good run blocker, great pass blocker, but sometimes sloppy with locking up on defenders.  Really good recovery though, so he can get back on the block when he gets shed most of the time.

• Like 1

If we can get one of the top 2 LTs, I'm on board and totally understand that we need to do it

I think LT is a 1a need, though, and WR is 1b. Even with horrific LT play, I think our WR play after Hop is just as horrific. I think some losses could've been wins with a real WR opposite of Hopkins so, whether it's Nabers or Odunze, I'm down for that as well.

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If we can get one of the top 2 LTs, I'm on board and totally understand that we need to do it

I think LT is a 1a need, though, and WR is 1b. Even with horrific LT play, I think our WR play after Hop is just as horrific. I think some losses could've been wins with a real WR opposite of Hopkins so, whether it's Nabers or Odunze, I'm down for that as well.

The WR market in FA should be far better than the OT market, so I assume come draft time, OT will be the far bigger need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The WR market in FA should be far better than the OT market, so I assume come draft time, OT will be the far bigger need.

I think the WRs that actually hit the market are going to be chosen wisely. It might mean being patient for a potential release like D-Hop. 
Don't jump on Tyler Boyd with 5 year $70 Million deal, expecting an 1,000 yard WR, when he has barely done it two times.

Tempted to throw a big bag at Mike Evans. He is maybe the most consistent WR I've seen in my NFL viewing history. 
Him. D-Hop and say an 2nd round Rookie to groom. 
Surely would be nice.

• Like 1

FWIW, I kind of am falling in love a bit with Amarius Mims, I'd be surprised if he won't pick up more hype deeper into the pre-Draft process, especially around the Combine. I know he has limited playing time and experience, but man the upside on this kid is kind of insane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

FWIW, I kind of am falling in love a bit with Amarius Mims, I'd be surprised if he won't pick up more hype deeper into the pre-Draft process, especially around the Combine. I know he has limited playing time and experience, but man the upside on this kid is kind of insane.

Mims is OT3 for me. Completely shut down James Pearce and Tyler Baron against Tennessee. Fantastic tape there. Injuries are a concern though.

I think if the top two tackles are gone, Plan A should be move down and take Mims, or if you have to Fuaga. We could use more ammo because we need multiple picks at both WR and OL to get this offense where it needs to be.

It’d be nice to have the ammo to spend another pick later in the draft on the guy that falls instead of just having to stick to the absolute necessities to not get our maybe-franchise-QB publicly executed by the second defense we face.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think the WRs that actually hit the market are going to be chosen wisely. It might mean being patient for a potential release like D-Hop. 
Don't jump on Tyler Boyd with 5 year $70 Million deal, expecting an 1,000 yard WR, when he has barely done it two times.

Tempted to throw a big bag at Mike Evans. He is maybe the most consistent WR I've seen in my NFL viewing history. 
Him. D-Hop and say an 2nd round Rookie to groom. 
Surely would be nice.

come on home, tee....i can dream

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

Mims is OT3 for me. Completely shut down James Pearce and Tyler Baron against Tennessee. Fantastic tape there. Injuries are a concern though.

I think if the top two tackles are gone, Plan A should be move down and take Mims, or if you have to Fuaga. We could use more ammo because we need multiple picks at both WR and OL to get this offense where it needs to be.

It’d be nice to have the ammo to spend another pick later in the draft on the guy that falls instead of just having to stick to the absolute necessities to not get our maybe-franchise-QB publicly executed by the second defense we face.

Yes, injuries and lack of experience aside, I think teams are going to love the upside he brings. He was also awesome in that semifinal game against Ohio State.

I think a trade down wouldn't be such a terrible idea, regardless. Mims would probably be my number one priority in such scenario, but the idea of adding either a T (Mims, Fuaga, Latham) or WR (most likely Odunze, Nabers would probably be gone) and add capital to solidify OL/WR/CB in day 2, honestly, sounds pretty good.

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

at a glance i'd say one of fashanu, alt, nabers, odunze, bowers is guaranteed to be around at pick 7. go get a game-changer on offense and see whether levis can cook

Yea, good thing is, it feels like we probably will have options at that pick the way it is shaping out. It feels like one of those two tackles will be there.

Looks like the win today moves us from 5 to 7. Both the chargers and giants have the same needs the Titans do (WR and Tackle). It should be Nabers, Alt, Olu to split between those 3 teams. I think this is where the true blue chippers end (maybe Bowers). I happy about this. Any lower than 7 tho would have been shaky 

• Like 1