2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

20 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

So happy we don't have to debate qbs or trading up for a qb.

lol I know we're all excited Levis threw 4 TDs and looked competent the other night, but let's chill out on crowning him the savior of the franchise

It's 2 games lol

51 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

lol I know we're all excited Levis threw 4 TDs and looked competent the other night, but let's chill out on crowning him the savior of the franchise

It's 2 games lol

It's not the production it's the functional awareness shown. The abilities shown. 

It doesn't take long to see if a QB is worth building with. 

If he was an 1st round pick and did that it would be no discussion about needing to invest in him. 

He showed more in his first 2 starts than some notable guys like Hurts, Allen and Jackson did in their first 2 starts and people didn't say let's see what they do. 

I think him being an 2nd Round pick is causing some people to not want to buy in to him. Along with being burned by Marcus. 

He may not be the savior but he definitely is worth investing in and building around based on what he's shown and what's reported behind the scenes about his preparation. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

No one crowned him of such thing. Simply stating, I am happy we don't have to debate taking/trading for a possible qb next year. 

2 games is not enough to say there is no debate on whether we should get a QB next year.

Maybe by the end of the year, but we don't know that yet for sure lol

50 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

No one crowned him of such thing. Simply stating, I am happy we don't have to debate taking/trading for a possible qb next year. 

Agreed.  Levis has shown enough to be handed the keys next season.

20 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

2 games is not enough to say there is no debate on whether we should get a QB next year.

It kind of is.  We aren't picking early enough to take one of the no brainer QBs, and we have a ton of things we need to fix before we are contenders for anything other than limping into the playoffs.  Levis has shown enough already that it makes sense to fill holes rather than keep looking for QBs.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

That is true, we really know nothing is for sure. For all we know, Will Levis could retire next game at halftime. 

My personal opinion of the two games I have seen of him are that we won't be taking a qb in next years draft. I see a guy who has the tools. We have not had a Titan at the QB1 spot with the arm talent he has. The way he has already handled pressure and processed things in these two games, I believe will only get more cemented throughout this last half of the year, as a qb to build around. He has some things he needs to clean up, but like any rookie, he will have to learn. And I believe we will see that out. 

Not saying you have to believe that. But we will see come draft time if we are talking about taking another qb in the first three rounds for a third year.

• Like 1

If Malik played like Levis last year we wouldn't have drafted Levis and maybe cut/traded Tannehill. 

I'm the biggest "wait before you crown them guy" on the forum most likely. 

I still am not sold on Hurts being top tier. I'm not 100% sure Herbert is anything other than a bargain bin Rivers that puts up numbers that never wins. I'm not sure Josh Allen hasn't peaked as a QB. Meaning this is as good as it gets for him. Maybe he gets a ring one day. But I don't think so. 

I still have doubts about Lamar even tho he convinced me more this year. I see it was his OC holding him back more than him not being able. 

All that to say, I'm not crowning Levis. But even with my doubts about each guy I just mentioned above. I'd trade half the roster to get them. Because the level of QB is worth having and holding onto. Building around and hope the dice land in your favor and you win a championship. 

Levis has shown that he is worth building into and around. If nothing else you put a lot of pieces around him and see if you can Jalen Hurts the team to a Superbowl.

Worst case scenario he sucks and you have a ready made team for the next QB. Even if you have to trade three 1st rounders two years from now. There will always be a QB prospect.  Especially in this era of football now. Where they are groomed since birth. 

Arch Manning would look good in two tone blue lol. 

But yeah. You ride this Levis train until you see reason not too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

honestly, the higher our pick is the more i feel we should just go straight BPA. yeah we need OL help in the worst way, but we desperately need difference makers at basically every position on the field. we need STARS and we should take them wherever we can get them. malik nabers? cool. kool-aid mckinstry? great. hell, go get laiatu latu to put beside simmons for all i care. just get me somebody- anybody- who can be a legit impact player week in and week out.

• Like 2