2024 Draft

Ftn49

One of the non-Odunze Washington boys will be having a huge rookie season. They got three legitimate guys on that team. 

Unless we go OT in the first round, I think there is a better than decent chance that we trade down some in the 2nd round. I would not be opposed to that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kiper has OT Roger Rosengarten mocked to us at the end of the first round. He's super young and raw but that's an intriguing pick. I rather trade down some and take him in the 2nd round but I see the logic. Not all that different from taking someone like Mims. 

Morgan is getting disrespected it seems for some reason. He's a day one plug and play type of guy that can play both tackle and guard. He's a safer choice than Rosengarten. 

Way too early for rosengarten. Don't know how he's playable year 1. If he had gone back and come out next year, I think he may have been a first, so you're really banking on your development there to match his college experience, which is possible. 

He's maybe getting underrated because of the game against Michigan where he got absolutely owned, but I just can't see him going that early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Way too early for rosengarten. Don't know how he's playable year 1. If he had gone back and come out next year, I think he may have been a first, so you're really banking on your development there to match his college experience, which is possible. 

He's maybe getting underrated because of the game against Michigan where he got absolutely owned, but I just can't see him going that early

Rosengarten? I mean he's young and he went up against a solid DL. Not the end of the world but you are definitely banking on the future with him. If you want a day one guy, then just take Morgan, who has little chance of being a bust. He may never be elite, but he's going to be rock solid for years to come. 

Frazier feels like he has some real helium right now. I'm starting to hear his name put in at the bottom of the first pretty consistently. 

Underdog had us taking frazier in their latest mock. Humorously, they also said that receiver could be a sneaky add there. Josh Norris said he didn't believe for a second that they would trade Aiyuk, but felt like he could see them move Deebo. 

I think the interesting thing about Frazier is, are you redshirting him for a year? He's coming off a broken leg. Until I actually hear that Purdy is going to make protection calls, I'm going to assume that it's going to reside with the Center, and putting that on a rookie may be a lot. Furthermore, he has no history of playing guard as far as I am aware, so I don't know if you're starting him at RG in his first year until you can flip him to center. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Frazier feels like he has some real helium right now. I'm starting to hear his name put in at the bottom of the first pretty consistently. 

Underdog had us taking frazier in their latest mock. Humorously, they also said that receiver could be a sneaky add there. Josh Norris said he didn't believe for a second that they would trade Aiyuk, but felt like he could see them move Deebo. 

I think the interesting thing about Frazier is, are you redshirting him for a year? He's coming off a broken leg. Until I actually hear that Purdy is going to make protection calls, I'm going to assume that it's going to reside with the Center, and putting that on a rookie may be a lot. Furthermore, he has no history of playing guard as far as I am aware, so I don't know if you're starting him at RG in his first year until you can flip him to center. 

If we red shirt him, can we cut/trade Brendel next offseason without any huge ramifications? I like Frazier, but I also prefer Barton just for the main reason you mentioned - guard play. Barton can compete with Feliciano and Burford for the starting position and the following year transition to Center or compete with Brendel right away. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One of the non-Odunze Washington boys will be having a huge rookie season. They got three legitimate guys on that team. 

Unless we go OT in the first round, I think there is a better than decent chance that we trade down some in the 2nd round. I would not be opposed to that. 

That's Polk for me. I like his size and YAC ability, and has strong, great hands

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

If we red shirt him, can we cut/trade Brendel next offseason without any huge ramifications? I like Frazier, but I also prefer Barton just for the main reason you mentioned - guard play. Barton can compete with Feliciano and Burford for the starting position and the following year transition to Center or compete with Brendel right away. 

Honestly, we can get away from Brendel now relatively pain free, tbh. At least until April 1. Then his base salary for this year guarantees. 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

That's Polk for me. I like his size and YAC ability, and has strong, great hands

I do really enjoy Polk. He ran a lot of deeper in routes for Washington and had a nice feel for zone coverage and really could hang on to passes while taking punishment. I don't think that he has the physical acceleration or wiggle to threaten defenders enough down the sidelines, but I think he's a very useful physical #2 or big slot. 

• Like 1

Mays and Tice basically focused on the offensive line for us. Tice is a big Barton fan (crazy how many people are so big on him and think that he can play tackle at the next level), but thinks he'll be gone. His favorite picks for us would be Jordan Morgan and Suamatatai 

Mays also threw out receiver as a sneaky option and then talked about not trading Aiyuk but maybe Deebo could go LOL. 

Tice got a little spicy and suggested Christian Haynes at 31. He's a really big fan of Haynes. 34 on his big board he said. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mays and Tice basically focused on the offensive line for us. Tice is a big Barton fan (crazy how many people are so big on him and think that he can play tackle at the next level), but thinks he'll be gone. His favorite picks for us would be Jordan Morgan and Suamatatai 

Mays also threw out receiver as a sneaky option and then talked about not trading Aiyuk but maybe Deebo could go LOL. 

Tice got a little spicy and suggested Christian Haynes at 31. He's a really big fan of Haynes. 34 on his big board he said. 

Barton just has a ton of experience. And his run blocking film has quite a lot of highlights. He gets how you should wall off defenders from the front side of the play. He's a really good athlete at getting to the second level. He sees blitzes and stunts. But we've discussed the negatives often enough. He leans too much trying to drive in the run game and handle power and it's no mystery why. He's both lean for his height and he has short arms. So I think you don't have to worry about Barton just screwing up the play mentally. I think a lot of folks really dig that. But I think you are just going to be very disappointed with him physically unless he's a center.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really like Christian Haynes, as stated. Perhaps in this current pricy economy for guards you could go that high for him. He has super impressive tools and good tape for the competition he played. But you are spending a first round pick on a guard that didn't dominate at a top school. So I definitely feel push and pull on that when thinking about that sort of pick personally when the dead easy options aren't available. I definitely wouldn't hate it if the niners went there. 

But I really don't see a guard this year that early now that Feliciano is resigned. I think that it's going to be a tackle. That's where we need the body more. That's where we need the better asset in the future when Trent moves on. That's the position that Kyle values more. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Speaking of protection calls, I recently heard the Bootleg guys talk about Mason McCormick (https://youtu.be/Ia-8yJjNK-w?si=X9X9aDEIvhtyfbYF&t=3145), who played RG and called protections from there, but then took snaps at Center at the Shrine Bowl. Also super athletic - could be an interesting guy.