2024 Draft

Ftn49

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dj's pick for the niners in his final mock 

Got ya. I like Worthy; idk who he still had on the board, but I wouldn’t be mad about it if Worthy was our guy. I know he’s small, but so was DeSean Jackson and Devonta Smith. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dj's pick for the niners in his final mock 

freaking awful.  Passed on JPJ and DRob for freakin' Worthy.  I'm gonna puke.  At least give me McConkey if they go WR.  I'd almost prefer Rosengarten lol

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

I'd probably just sit back and laugh if that actually happened. Purdy needs a fast deep threat to match his cannon of an arm. 

I'll be honest, I haven't watched much of him. Is he just a fast go-ball WR? 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Got ya. I like Worthy; idk who he still had on the board, but I wouldn’t be mad about it if Worthy was our guy. I know he’s small, but so was DeSean Jackson and Devonta Smith. 

He's not nearly the receiver Smith was. As much as I hated Smith's size, I still respected his ability as an actual receiver. I was down on him relative to others, but I still liked him as a mid first. Great hands and could make contested catches which is a big concern as the weight. 

It's crazy that Jackson was actually shorter and heavier than worthy.

But overall, you're chasing outliers at that weight, and I just hate doing that

Again, I'm just totally a threshold GM. I've just accepted it at this point

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

I'd probably just sit back and laugh if that actually happened. Purdy needs a fast deep threat to match his cannon of an arm. 

I'll be honest, I haven't watched much of him. Is he just a fast go-ball WR? 

Its important to note that worthy isn't just a track guy. I actually like that about him. He'll go for it and play with some guts. But it also worries me. You can't do that at that size. So I like the fire, but he probably needs to be protected

A lot of his stuff comes behind the line. It's kind of hard to judge his down field game because frankly, ewers sucks. He struggles with contested catches, struggles on tight windows which is common for these type of guys

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its important to note that worthy isn't just a track guy. I actually like that about him. He'll go for it and play with some guts. But it also worries me. You can't do that at that size. So I like the fire, but he probably needs to be protected

A lot of his stuff comes behind the line. It's kind of hard to judge his down field game because frankly, ewers sucks. He struggles with contested catches, struggles on tight windows which is common for these type of guys

Can’t agree with this more. Worthy is a football player and doesn’t play scared like a guy like Pettis did. 

I also agree about Devonta Smith that he was far more polished as a receiver coming out of Alabama, and he was one of my favorite player in that draft.

LIS earlier today, if we are drafting a guy in the first I want to get a guy with the potential to be a star. Worthy definitely has that potential to me.

I think he’s got a relatively high floor as well. Worst case I think he’s a number three in the same vein as Teddy Ginn was. Like Ginn he also offers special teams value. If all goes well his ceiling is a high end number 1.

• Like 1