Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

Started this on Friday and just barely was unable to finish it so almost all of this was done before Week 1 of college football. So this is based on my preseason board and doesn't reflect anything that happened Week 1. By the time I do my next mock we'll definitely have more of a sense if some of those week 1 performances were meaningful or just flashes in the pan. The draft order is based on my season predictions I completed last week. All in all this was a fun way to get myself primed for both NFL and college football this upcoming season and I'm excited for another fun draft. I plan on doing monthly mocks again this year throughout the season. As always please share whatever comments or questions you have, I love getting feedback on team needs in particular.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Los Angeles Rams Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Arizona Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Arizona Cardinals (Houston) Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Chicago Bears (Carolina) Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
Washington Commanders Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Denver Broncos Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
New England Patriots Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Atlanta Falcons Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
Indianapolis Colts Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Chicago Bears Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Minnesota Vikings Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Las Vegas Raiders Kalen King, CB, Penn State
New York Giants Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Houston Texans (Cleveland) Maason Smith, INT, LSU
Miami Dolphins Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Tennessee Titans JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers Barrett Carter, LB, Clemson
San Francisco 49ers J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Detroit Lions Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
New Orleans Saints J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
Los Angeles Chargers Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Baltimore Ravens Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Green Bay Packers Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Seattle Seahawks Riley Leonard, QB, Duke
Green Bay Packers Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
Cincinnati Bengals Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Kansas City Chiefs Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Dallas Cowboys Nazir Stackhouse, INT, Georgia
Buffalo Bills Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
Jacksonville Jaguars Josh Newton, CB, TCU
Philadelphia Eagles Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Edited by rackcs
  • Like 3

Don't have anything against chop or a Edge rusher pick.  But if the Falcons finish in the top 9 picks again then im quite sure Ridder wasn't the one at QB lol.  The team is to talented now after all those FA pickups and drafted talent to pick in the same spot as last year.  Unless our QB just straight flops like Mariotta did last year.

One of those 4 or 5 QB's would be a good option as well to go next to AJ Terrell if Okudah doesn't become something good this year.  Koolaid is a nice prospect for sure and am i just much higher on the QB's in this class than others or did they fall off a cliff.  I thought their were supposed to be like 4 or 5 1st round dudes in the top 15 to 20 this year.

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Don't have anything against chop or a Edge rusher pick.  But if the Falcons finish in the top 9 picks again then im quite sure Ridder wasn't the one at QB lol.  The team is to talented now after all those FA pickups and drafted talent to pick in the same spot as last year.  Unless our QB just straight flops like Mariotta did last year.

One of those 4 or 5 QB's would be a good option as well to go next to AJ Terrell if Okudah doesn't become something good this year.  Koolaid is a nice prospect for sure and am i just much higher on the QB's in this class than others or did they fall off a cliff.  I thought their were supposed to be like 4 or 5 1st round dudes in the top 15 to 20 this year.

I think there's a lot of potential in this QB class but I think a lot of it is projection at this point for some of the guys. I think if I did this after week 1, I might have Shedeur Sanders find his way into the first round but for now I just don't see any of the other guys at this point as being top 10 type of guys. I think by the time we get around to my October mock we'll have a clearer understanding of which QBs are stepping up this season and which ones might not be. 

I did consider Kool-Aid at that spot but felt like a young, primary EDGE rusher would be more important than a CB2. You just have at least something long term at CB in Terrell whereas the EDGE position feels more like a patch job for now.

4 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

I’m not against the Keon Coleman pick at all, because his size alone, would check a box as far as added value within the core.

** Conditional pick; becomes a 1st if Aaron Rodgers plays 65% of plays.

The Eagles pick is tough because obviously they're a very talented team. I was looking a bit to the future with this one. As Hurts has now been paid, it might be tough to keep Brown and Smith long-term at WR. And in the meantime, getting a legitimate 3rd WR would also be helpful.

I forgot about the Rodgers trade and agree that the pick likely goes to the Packers. It wasn't reflected in the draft order I was looking at due to it being conditional. I will change the pick to the Packers but will keep Paul there to make things easier on me. The Packers take him as Bakhtiari's successor/injury backup plan since he's a bit rawer of a player than some of the other OT prospects.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The pick for Washington makes a lot of sense even if I truly don't believe we will be picking that high. 

I think the Commanders are a high variance team this year. They've got a lot of solid pieces but I have some concerns at a few spots and I also worry about the potential lame duck situation with Ron Rivera. I could definitely see them finishing better.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Cb could be a need if we cut Williams. 

I think wr might be a bigger question.  Ridley is a fa to be. 

Zay Jones could be a cut opening up a need in our top 3 wrs. 

We also could be looking for a pass rusher cuz Allen is a free agent . 

I considered both of those positions as well. A lot of different directions the Jags could go. 

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think the Commanders are a high variance team this year. They've got a lot of solid pieces but I have some concerns at a few spots and I also worry about the potential lame duck situation with Ron Rivera. I could definitely see them finishing better.

I kinda agree, but that variance only goes so low. I really think our absolute floor is 6 wins. Ceiling probably 9. 

On 9/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, rackcs said:

I considered both of those positions as well. A lot of different directions the Jags could go. 

Not to over react over a single week but I might move Guard up on the needs list based on scherffs age(31) and our other starter being a FA to be(undecided on wether to resign or not).  Could consider OT as well cuz cam Robinson is a potential Cap Cut and little looked a little shaky today. 

I don't think the Saints are going to go QB in the 1st unless they feel like it's a top 10 talent since they drafted Haener in the 4th that they traded up for and were high on, he seemed like a good project too.  If they do go for a QB, I think they might prefer the Duke QB or maybe even Ewers/Penix in the 2nd round.

I think they would be looking more for a safety to eventually replace Mathieu or to replace Maye even sooner if a high end one showed up.

On 9/7/2023 at 10:06 AM, rackcs said:

I think there's a lot of potential in this QB class but I think a lot of it is projection at this point for some of the guys. I think if I did this after week 1, I might have Shedeur Sanders find his way into the first round but for now I just don't see any of the other guys at this point as being top 10 type of guys. I think by the time we get around to my October mock we'll have a clearer understanding of which QBs are stepping up this season and which ones might not be. 

I did consider Kool-Aid at that spot but felt like a young, primary EDGE rusher would be more important than a CB2. You just have at least something long term at CB in Terrell whereas the EDGE position feels more like a patch job for now.

The Eagles pick is tough because obviously they're a very talented team. I was looking a bit to the future with this one. As Hurts has now been paid, it might be tough to keep Brown and Smith long-term at WR. And in the meantime, getting a legitimate 3rd WR would also be helpful.

I forgot about the Rodgers trade and agree that the pick likely goes to the Packers. It wasn't reflected in the draft order I was looking at due to it being conditional. I will change the pick to the Packers but will keep Paul there to make things easier on me. The Packers take him as Bakhtiari's successor/injury backup plan since he's a bit rawer of a player than some of the other OT prospects.

You can change it back to New York, rather than Green Bay.

• rackcs changed the title to Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)