Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

8 hours ago, rackcs said:

Based on what I've seen and heard so far, I have Corley and Legette pretty firmly in day 2 territory. This is a really strong WR class. Morgan is someone I considered in the back half of the first round but just didn't find a spot for him.

I feel strong about Chiefs and Corley in 1st round.   I really thought Morgan was already locked as 1st round prospect.  Oh well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don’t think you can justify the Giants spending ANOTHER top 10 pick on an OT,  even with how bad their OL is. They haven't really proved they can develop OL, and it would be a bad use of resources after spending multiple very high picks on the OL in recent years. If we finish with the 4th pick, give us your 3rd QB, or if you think that is way too early, go with your 2nd WR. An EDGE rusher wouldn't be a bad pick either; Kayvon is on his way to proving his draft position, but Azeez cannot stay healthy at all and we badly need help across from Thibs. 

I've heard other Giants fans saying an OT is a necessity if you're picking that high but I certainly considered other positions. Ultimately I felt that Olu was BPA and hit an area of huge need for the Giants.

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I feel strong about Chiefs and Corley in 1st round.   I really thought Morgan was already locked as 1st round prospect.  Oh well.

Very few players are locked as first rounders at this point in the process. There are still months of evaluation, testing, and player interviews to go. Morgan was someone strongly considered in the back half of the first, if I felt the fit was right he easily could've slipped in.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I haven't had a reason to watch Mims yet, but the Titans could really, really use a left tackle.

Mims is kind of an interesting case because he's very young, has little experience, and is injured right now. But he's got all of the raw tools teams look for. Will be interesting to see if he comes out at all and if he does, how much teams will value the traits over production and experience. As for the Titans, that was my basic idea. To give them the top OL available.

36 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Mims is kind of an interesting case because he's very young, has little experience, and is injured right now. But he's got all of the raw tools teams look for. Will be interesting to see if he comes out at all and if he does, how much teams will value the traits over production and experience. As for the Titans, that was my basic idea. To give them the top OL available.

Why are you here and not working on something else 

Saints really don't need another WR.  Olave although struggling this season is still a top flight talent, Shaheed has looked great, and Michael Thomas looks to be healthy.  Even though he's in his last year due to cap finagling, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up signing a new contract with the Saints at end of the year.  OL and Safety are the biggest concerns for the Saints.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 9:55 AM, scar988 said:

I don't think there's any QBs at the end of the first round worth wasting a draft pick on right now. Only QBs worth a 1st in this year's draft are Caleb and Maye, and they're both long gone. I'd love Latu here.

Yeah but Smith won't think like that. If he likes a QB he needs to get them because he won't keep his job floating at or under .500. Blank is patient but there's a limit. If he goes with TH and DR as only QBs it's probably his last year.

2 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Yeah but Smith won't think like that. If he likes a QB he needs to get them because he won't keep his job floating at or under .500. Blank is patient but there's a limit. If he goes with TH and DR as only QBs it's probably his last year.

Idk about that. I still think Ridder can develop. But maybe that’s just me. 

6 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I had some especially when he was putting up good passing numbers but he has regressed and he gets way to spooked by early pressure.

I mean, he had 3 good games then one bad half. Idk how that’s really enough to say if he’s regressed. Real issue was the yips in the red zone. Had 5 RZ turnovers vs 0 RZ touchdowns. Get those RZ touchdowns and he’s probably still got a job starting. 

• 3 weeks later...

NFL Mock Draft 3.0

Monthly mock here for November and I've ventured into the 2nd round. Didn't feel quite as comfortable with my knowledge of or rankings of some of the guys near the end of the round but that's kind of the point of pushing my mocks into that realm. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on your team's needs and fits because I struggled quite a bit with team needs on this one. Thanks again for reading and I look forward to the feedback!

Round 1  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears (Carolina) Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Arizona Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
New England Patriots Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Chicago Bears Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
New York Giants Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Tennessee Titans Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Washington Commanders Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Atlanta Falcons Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Green Bay Packers Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
New York Jets Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
Los Angeles Chargers Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Los Angeles Rams Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
Las Vegas Raiders Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Indianapolis Colts Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Denver Broncos Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Cincinnati Bengals JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Buffalo Bills Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
New Orleans Saints Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Minnesota Vikings J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Arizona Cardinals (Houston) Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Seattle Seahawks Troy Fautanu, OG, Washington
Pittsburgh Steelers Kalen King, CB, Penn State
Houston Texans (Cleveland) Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Miami Dolphins Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
Dallas Cowboys Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
San Francisco 49ers Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Jacksonville Jaguars Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Baltimore Ravens Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
Detroit Lions Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
Kansas City Chiefs Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Philadelphia Eagles Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State

Round 2  
Team  
Carolina Panthers Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Arizona Cardinals Graham Barton, OL, Duke
New England Patriots Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
New York Giants Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
Washington Commanders (Chicago) Barrett Carter, LB, Clemson
Tennessee Titans Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Washington Commanders Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Green Bay Packers Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trey Benson, RB, Florida State
Green Bay Packers (New York Jets) Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
Los Angeles Chargers Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Los Angeles Rams Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
Atlanta Falcons Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
Las Vegas Raiders Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
New Orleans Saints (Denver) Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson
Cincinnati Bengals Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Indianapolis Colts Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
Buffalo Bills Calen Bullock, S, USC
Philadelphia Eagles (New Orleans) Princely Umanmielen, EDGE, Florida
Minnesota Vikings Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
New York Giants (Seattle) Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State
Pittsburgh Steelers Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
Houston Texans Tyleik Williams, INT, Ohio State
Cleveland Browns Kris Jenkins, INT, Michigan
Dallas Cowboys Landon Jackson, EDGE, Arkansas
San Francisco 49ers Josh Newton, CB, TCU
Jacksonville Jaguars Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
Miami Dolphins Sedric Van Pran, C, Georgia
Baltimore Ravens TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
Detroit Lions Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
Kansas City Chiefs T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
Philadelphia Eagles Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

• rackcs changed the title to Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)