Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Don't love the Vikings Trade in first

I thought Isiah Adams was a reach with our next pick thought IOL is a good position to target. I doubt R Sweat drops that far but can't imagine we would pass on him there

L Taylor was a fine pick assuming we did not get Sweat

Good pick with Richardson

167 E. Watts, I didn't go through and see what all you had for edge going by this point but I have Ceasar your very next pick ranked 12 edge rushers higher than Watts.

Good Job capturing positional need just didn't love who you took nor giving up both first for JJ

Regardless of your personal feelings on the trade, it seems clear that it's a very strong possibility the Vikings are looking to do that trade. It's not set in stone until it's done but they've certainly set themselves up for that kind of move.

Isaiah Adams isn't a reach there, that's where he's projected to go.

Edited by rackcs

For the Packers you hit most of the positions of needs but went with the wrong players. 

Wiggins is fine in the first, OT is also an option there.

#41. Frazier in the second doesn’t make a ton of sense. Reports are that Packers may be moving Tom to C. Even if they don’t there are plenty of Cs to take later. LB Cooper would be nice here. 

#58. S is a good pick here but based on what the Packers typically covet, Bullard would be the pick here.

Round 3 would be OL, DL, BPA

Rounds 4 & 5 RB with speed and catching ability, OL, BPA

9 hours ago, rackcs said:

Regardless of your personal feelings on the trade, it seems clear that it's a very strong possibility the Vikings are looking to do that trade. It's not set in stone until it's done but they've certainly set themselves up for that kind of move.

Isaiah Adams isn't a reach there, that's where he's projected to go.

I agree we are looking to trade for the possibility of landed a prospect like Maye or Williams, it wouldn't be in our best interest to trade just because we have the draft capitol to do so and take prospect that poses much more risk and unknowness. If this Mock had us trading multiple 1st with NE to snipe Maye then it makes sense. 

Not sure if that's your projections or a personality on tv but I have a 6th round grade on Adams, Laumea, Zinter, and Gonclaves whom you have drafted later are all better prospect imo. I didn't see Ezirim taken at all but even a developmental guy like him has better ceiling imo.

There is no way to please every fan, I was just sharing my opinions with you. These Mocks take a lot of effort and are fun to debate. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

2024 NFL Mock Draft 10.0

Final mock is done and I really cut it close this year. I caught a mistake I made in round 2 when I was beginning round 5 and I had to redo a ton in the middle but it all came together and I believe it is mistake free now. Please enjoy and feel free to comment as always.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19w1CYnQSIsYc4H1NerV5gCMJrh4pOv7GWiUWkpbI1gQ/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• rackcs changed the title to Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

1.8 - Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

2.43 - Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

3.74 - Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson

3.79 - Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon

4.109 - Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

5.143 - Jordan Magee, LB, Temple

6.187 - Nathan Thomas, OT, Louisiana

6.197 - Cody Schrader, RB, Missouri

Not the best Falcons mock i have seen done and for sure not the way i would have went in the draft for us.   But with that said i like alot of the players you gave us talent wise and we do need most of those positions you gave us.  Only big thing you really missed on was NT.    I would be pretty ok with this draft after a few upset remakrs from passing on edge in round 1 calling for Fontenot's job which i prob. will still end up doing tonight if it happens XD  

But then like always settling in and know we got a true top 4 talent in Nabers who might be the best WR in this draft according to which teams you ask.    Overall i give it a B grade and could find happiness in alot of the picks by the end of the week.     Great job on the full 7 like every year my friend always enjoying see all of your massive amounts of mocks every year thanks for the effort you put in :D

• Like 1

1.32 - Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
2.64 - Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
3.95 - T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
4.131 - Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College
5.159 - Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois
5.173 - Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
7.221 - Travis Glover, OT, Georgia State

I argued on Kingsley in the Chiefs sub. He obviously fits a need but he's extremely raw and I think we'll go after a less raw guy (Guyton if he's there, which is not the case here, or even Paul). But other Chiefs fan disagree with me so it's only my opinion.

Pearsall would be a great get at 64. I think we're the favorites to land Sweat in the 3rd. I suppose I could get behind Elijah Jones in the 4th, given that he's my CB4 🤣. All of this is great.

Laube and Glover I'm more than fine with.

The only pick I'd disagree with is Tip. We're not really in the business of drafting blocking TEs. I think guys with more receiving upside like All or McLachlan would be profiles that fit our tendencies better.

Anyway, thanks for this my friend. 7-rounders are a beast to go through and if my only complain is the type of tight end we grab in the 5th, you've done a great job hehe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

1.8 - Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

2.43 - Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

3.74 - Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson

3.79 - Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon

4.109 - Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

5.143 - Jordan Magee, LB, Temple

6.187 - Nathan Thomas, OT, Louisiana

6.197 - Cody Schrader, RB, Missouri

Not the best Falcons mock i have seen done and for sure not the way i would have went in the draft for us.   But with that said i like alot of the players you gave us talent wise and we do need most of those positions you gave us.  Only big thing you really missed on was NT.    I would be pretty ok with this draft after a few upset remakrs from passing on edge in round 1 calling for Fontenot's job which i prob. will still end up doing tonight if it happens XD  

But then like always settling in and know we got a true top 4 talent in Nabers who might be the best WR in this draft according to which teams you ask.    Overall i give it a B grade and could find happiness in alot of the picks by the end of the week.     Great job on the full 7 like every year my friend always enjoying see all of your massive amounts of mocks every year thanks for the effort you put in :D

Appreciate your appreciation. I think while it may not fit every need in the exact order you'd want, I think this is one of the better overall talent hauls from my mock. You address needs at all levels of the defense and add a dynamic offensive talent to the mix as well. Kirk Cousins does like his LSU receivers.

As for nose tackle, there's just really not a ton of quality NT options this year. The need just never aligned with the value.

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Giants are not drafting Box Nix in the 2nd. A wasted pick. No one on that staff will survive to see him play if they make that move,

The bolded may be true, but that doesn't mean they won't do it. Plenty of regimes on the hot seat draft a QB out of desperation. I'd also argue they're probably more likely to be fired if they don't draft a QB and just ride with Daniel Jones next year.

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

1.32 - Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
2.64 - Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
3.95 - T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
4.131 - Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College
5.159 - Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois
5.173 - Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
7.221 - Travis Glover, OT, Georgia State

I argued on Kingsley in the Chiefs sub. He obviously fits a need but he's extremely raw and I think we'll go after a less raw guy (Guyton if he's there, which is not the case here, or even Paul). But other Chiefs fan disagree with me so it's only my opinion.

Pearsall would be a great get at 64. I think we're the favorites to land Sweat in the 3rd. I suppose I could get behind Elijah Jones in the 4th, given that he's my CB4 🤣. All of this is great.

Laube and Glover I'm more than fine with.

The only pick I'd disagree with is Tip. We're not really in the business of drafting blocking TEs. I think guys with more receiving upside like All or McLachlan would be profiles that fit our tendencies better.

Anyway, thanks for this my friend. 7-rounders are a beast to go through and if my only complain is the type of tight end we grab in the 5th, you've done a great job hehe

I feel like Paul is just as raw as Suamataia, if not moreso and Guyton is close. And I also just consider Suamataia to be better than Paul, I don't think Paul should even go as high as he did in my mock.

As for Tip, that's fair but I think his testing and size makes him intriguing as a guy you could develop and potentially turn into a pass catching option over time. Especially since he'll start with such a limited role. But I see your point.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The bolded may be true, but that doesn't mean they won't do it. Plenty of regimes on the hot seat draft a QB out of desperation. I'd also argue they're probably more likely to be fired if they don't draft a QB and just ride with Daniel Jones next year.

They have the worst roster in the NFL. That 2nd round pick needs to compete for starting position. Nix won’t do that, nor likely won’t help out in the future with the mid round bust rate.

If they can’t get a QB in round 1, build the roster and compete for another year.

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They have the worst roster in the NFL. That 2nd round pick needs to compete for starting position. Nix won’t do that, nor likely won’t help out in the future with the mid round bust rate.

If they can’t get a QB in round 1, build the roster and compete for another year.

Easy to say that as a fan and not as a coach/GM whose job might be on the line if next year goes poorly with Daniels Jones at the helm. Not saying it's the smartest pick, but that doesn't mean it's unlikely.

36 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Easy to say that as a fan and not as a coach/GM whose job might be on the line if next year goes poorly with Daniels Jones at the helm. Not saying it's the smartest pick, but that doesn't mean it's unlikely.

Exactly, their jobs could be on the line. It’s either a first round QB they can mold or a player to help them this year. Nix does neither.