Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

40 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Atlanta Falcons Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

I would hate this pick in the first round. Not because I don't think Daniels is good. But because I think using a first round pick on an oft-injured QB who has had multiple concussions is a REALLY bad idea. Would much rather see an edge like Jared Verse here.

40 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Atlanta Falcons Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington

Trice is solid, but he feels very redundant to Zach Harrison. I just don't see it. Would love to see a WR like Xavier Legette here.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:49 AM, rackcs said:

Denver Broncos Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Good pick. Getting someone talented across from Surtain can really help the defense out. A top edge rusher could get a look too but they like the young trio they have and I have concerns with Latu’s injury history so give me the tall corner that plays with outstanding effort. 

• Like 1

For the Saints OT in the 1st isn't a bad call, not sure about the INT in the 2nd being a real need.  I think a mobile linebacker or safety would be better considering we have issues with mobile QBs so getting someone that can move and keep their ability to make plays to a minimum would be beneficial.

• Like 1

For the niners, I think OT is the right position. EDGE / Interior is also going to be high on the priority list, but a lot of that will depend on what happens with Chase Young. 

I'm waiting for  Suamataia to actually declare before watching him a lot. He's only 20, so those are touch and go with regards to whether or not they actually declare. 

I suspect that corner will be high on the mocks for the 49ers, so I get Newton, but this regime has yet to show that it values the secondary that much, tbh. Since arriving, they have spent nothing higher than a third round pick on Safety or corner and all of their current corners are still under contract next year. They seem to like the dart throwing strategy in the secondary while offsetting it with a pass rush. So I'm just going to guess that the second round pick is likely an interior pass rusher or an edge guy as they continue to throw darts at corners / safeties to push the guys currently on the roster. I think the 2025 draft is likely to see a bigger emphasis placed on corner to me, but we will see. 

• Like 1

For the Packers (who are now slated to pick somewhere like 13th), I'd look to fix their run offense and at the same time find the quality replacement for David Bakhtiari.

To me, that suggests OT J.C. Latham in round one (who would be available in your draft). I'd peg him as the future RT and move the very athletic Zach Tom from RT to LT. Your pick of a WR is a year premature, imo, as they want to see what they have in the WR room, given all six guys in there are rookies or second year guys - there have been enough signs of talent, they can wait to see what transpires next year and act accordingly. Also Packers haven't drafted a first round WR in forever (though if they hadn't swung a deal to trade back last year I believe they would have still taken Christian Watson with a late 1st round pick).

I can't complain at the choice of Safety with their first pick in round 2. They need talent there as much as anywhere. For the second round two pick, you took a corner (which is far from stupid, fits what the Packers often do and is a strong position group this draft), but personally I'd try to upgrade a weak spot on their O line at center, by taking the top guy, Van Pran (though I'd also be down with taking center Powers-Johnson a round later). If I waited to draft the center for a round, then the second round two pick could easily be Kamren Kinchens, a double dip at Safety.

If it were a better year for RBs I'd certainly consider one with either of the two round two picks or their two round three ones - but sadly, it might be the weakest position group this year.

I took a look at 'Renner Ranks' on youtube where he ranked the position groups in the 2024 draft. Top of the list in order were QB, WR, OT, CB. IOL was a little above average and LB was dead average. Slightly below average was Edge, then DT, S, TE, with RB bringing up the rear.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

• 3 weeks later...

NFL Mock Draft 4.0

Had to rush this one a little at the end but happy mockmas! Feel free to comment with some feedback, especially about team needs.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears (Carolina) Caleb Williams, QB, USC
New England Patriots Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Arizona Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Washington Commanders Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Chicago Bears Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
New York Giants Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
New York Jets Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Los Angeles Chargers Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Tennessee Titans Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Atlanta Falcons Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Green Bay Packers Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Las Vegas Raiders Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
New Orleans Saints Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Denver Broncos Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
Seattle Seahawks Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Pittsburgh Steelers Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Arizona Cardinals (Houston) JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Buffalo Bills Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
Minnesota Vikings Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Los Angeles Rams Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Indianapolis Colts Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Jacksonville Jaguars Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Cincinnati Bengals Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
Kansas City Chiefs Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
Houston Texans (Cleveland) Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Detroit Lions J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Philadelphia Eagles Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
Miami Dolphins Troy Fautanu, OG, Washington
Dallas Cowboys Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
San Francisco 49ers Graham Barton, OL, Duke
Baltimore Ravens Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State

Round 2  
Team  
Carolina Panthers Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Arizona Cardinals Kalen King, CB, Penn State
New England Patriots Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Washington Commanders Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
New York Giants Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
Green Bay Packers (New York Jets) Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Los Angeles Chargers Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Tennessee Titans Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Washington Commanders (Chicago) Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson
Green Bay Packers Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
Las Vegas Raiders Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
Atlanta Falcons Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
New Orleans Saints (Denver) Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
New York Giants (Seattle) TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Pittsburgh Steelers Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Philadelphia Eagles (New Orleans) Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
Buffalo Bills Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
Houston Texans Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson
Minnesota Vikings TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
Los Angeles Rams Sedric Van Pran, C, Georgia
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Jacksonville Jaguars Brandon Dorlus, DL, Oregon
Cincinnati Bengals T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
Indianapolis Colts Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
Cleveland Browns Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
Kansas City Chiefs Michael Hall Jr., INT, Ohio State
Philadelphia Eagles Jonah Elliss, EDGE, Utah
Detroit Lions Tyleik Williams, INT, Ohio State
Dallas Cowboys Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
Miami Dolphins Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
San Francisco 49ers Josh Newton, CB, TCU
Baltimore Ravens Kris Jenkins, INT, Michigan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Atlanta Falcons Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama

This would be ok, but Jared Verse fits Nielsen's scheme better.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Atlanta Falcons Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington

No. Just no. Falcons would have to completely re-tool their OL to make him work. Just not worth it.

Don't mind Turner but he is edge 3 or 4 for me in this draft.  Would much rather have Latu or Verse  Latu being the best defender in the draft to me and also being the 6'5 270 player type Nielsen prefers.  Verse would be backup choice if Latu and the top 3 QB's are already gone. 

I like Penix as a player i really do but having Kaleb Mcgary covering his blindside and him not being a super great fit for the scheme with the injury history gives me some pause.   Would still dang sure take him over  Nix or Mcarthy though  bleh on both of those guys. 

• rackcs changed the title to Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)