GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Looks like he beat the right tackle twice, and then a third time with hustle to force an interception.  How do you define a coverage sack?  Because rewatching the play and it looks like Kizer looked at his first read before Matthews was on him.  If that's a coverage sack...

But you won't acknowledge this because it fits the narrative that Clay Matthews sucks if he just had a good game against a crappy team. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017121003/2017/REG14/Packers@Browns?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017121003#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000890493&tab=recap

I see potentially a pressure, Kizer trying to force to Josh Gordon, not being able to get rid of it and running into a sack. And he did only look at his first read, but that's because Kizer sucks and didn't move on. He tried to throw to Gordon at both the break and the stop of the in. 

I'm not saying Clay isn't getting a pressure there, because I don't know what the set is supposed to be, but that was not some kind of all pro play. That was a solid play and part of an overall good play by the defense and HORRENDOUS play by both the officials and the Browns offense. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

No....equal credit to blame for getting down as many as they did.

So we'd end up at a little over neutral.  And then you'd have to weight that based on the competition.  After all, credit for narrowly beating Patriots shouldn't equal the same for the Browns.

So then cannondale's "Meh" isn't that far from what you'd expect.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

These guys are so furious we won lol

Some of us see the bigger picture. We want change. You do too...or at least you have said so when we lost game (flip flop?). Change isn't gonna happen if we win, regardless of how meaningless the game is. A loss to the Browns would've possibly been enough for some changes to be made.

And then there's the people who get the gratification of one meaningless win. No matter how we got it. No matter if has any bearing on future changes or not. It's a win. Yay. They feel good TODAY.

Sorry some aren't celebrating an OT victory vs an 0-12 team. A victory we don't get if not for the refs. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No need to worry about the refs or individual efforts IMO

Just use your eyes and brain and ask yourself if this is how we should be performing. Is the arrow pointing up or down ? Are we on a treadmill ?

Thats why a win or loss is meh to me at this point

I honestly don't give a **** right now.

Because a win means more meaningful football this year.

I'm here to be entertained. Not have my opinions vindicated.

A win is a win.

No use sweating it.

Did we play well today? Absolutely not. Offense, Defense, ST, Coaching, all were below what we should expect. BUT. You don't get your best every week. You need to play well enough to get the win. 

Any win on the road, even against the Browns, is a good win.

1 minute ago, th87 said:

So we'd end up at a little over neutral.  And then you'd have to weight that based on the competition.  After all, credit for narrowly beating Patriots shouldn't equal the same for the Browns.

So then cannondale's "Meh" isn't that far from what you'd expect.

Probably under neutral imo. We beat the browns in OT. 

I'm not saying it's equal to blow outs or beating the best teams in football.

I'm saying when the team comes back and rallies, those who are constantly negative, guess what... They're still constantly negative. Nothing changes. Won lose or draw. They act identically.

They root against victory. They root against winning games. 

Sorry that I don't like that. I doubt there's a member of this organization that likes it either. But they know all the problems so I'm a terrible homer guy for enjoying more meaningful football.

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

No need to worry about the refs or individual efforts IMO

Just use your eyes and brain and ask yourself if this is how we should be performing. Is the arrow pointing up or down ? Are we on a treadmill ?

Thats why a win or loss is meh to me at this point

This team, that takes the field, is overperforming lately. 

Archived