GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

1 hour ago, packerjmf said:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that we were losing 21-7 to the Browns in the 4th quarter...

I was sure we were gonna lose but look at all of our guys who weren't in there today because of injury?  For them to gut out a win, on the road against a desperate team?  I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I unironically feel bad for Hue Jackson. He's too good of a coach for this 

If his QB doesn't toss that ball up for grabs in OT they win that game.  Hopefully for them Dorsey can find them a legit QB.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm looking at it from a numbers' perspective, I don't think the Packers can afford to release Clay.

Anybody that thinks cutting Matthews to sign a pass rusher is a good idea doesn't know how the history of pass rushers has been in free agency since, say, 2005.  If a pass rusher deserves to be paid, his team will pay him.  Otherwise, why did they leave the team? 

You don't let great or even good pass rushers hit free agency.  Olivier Vernon?  Dude's got 3.5 sacks right now. 

You don't get top pass rushers in free agency.  You can find the Peppers types, but those types aren't forcing you to cut Clay Matthews when you have 33 million dollars in cap space like we will. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Anybody that thinks cutting Matthews to sign a pass rusher is a good idea doesn't know how the history of pass rushers has been in free agency since, say, 2005.  If a pass rusher deserves to be paid, his team will pay him.  Otherwise, why did they leave the team? 

You don't let great or even good pass rushers hit free agency.  Olivier Vernon?  Dude's got 3.5 sacks right now. 

You don't get top pass rushers in free agency.  You can find the Peppers types, but those types aren't forcing you to cut Clay Matthews when you have 33 million dollars in cap space like we will. 

yeah, i don't cut clay either. Cobb is the only guy who is god awful value for 2018.

I approach Jordy and Clay about extensions/restructures. Both can offer the team something over the next 3 years in diminishing roles.

Could clear a good chunk of cash to get a vet CB, and another Ahmad Brooks type of vet too.

Just now, incognito_man said:

yeah, no player has ever restructured a contract before because they are 'paycuts'.

Restructured usually either means A) paycut or B) moving money around.  His deal only goes 1 more year so...where are they moving money to?

So I guess it wasn't all hyperbole to suggest that this GB team w/o Rodgers is close to the same level as CLE.  I give MM a lot of credit for making effective adjustments to help salvage this game when it was on the brink.  It seemed to me that the switch to the quick passing game really got Hundley into a nice rhythm, and CLE never really solved it.  I've posted plenty of negative stuff about MM's game day adjustments, but I thought he came up big today.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

McCarthy's biggest fault and the reason the impatient part of me wants him gone is his confidence in and continued support of Capers.

No matter what the stats say, our defense has not been good.  It's not a lack of talent. 

Although I will say that if House is out for the rest of the year and Thompson doesn't bring somebody in that hasn't played for the Packers, I'll start calling for Thompson's head, too. 

Today without Perry and all those kids playing corner who should be on somebody's PS isn't helping this defense at all.  I hope House is gonna be okay.  He really gutted it out out there today.

Just now, incognito_man said:

yeah, i don't cut clay either. Cobb is the only guy who is god awful value for 2018.

I approach Jordy and Clay about extensions/restructures. Both can offer the team something over the next 3 years in diminishing roles.

Could clear a good chunk of cash to get a vet CB, and another Ahmad Brooks type of vet too.

I don't like Cobb at all and I was I think one of like three people that didn't want to re-sign him (go to the archives if you don't believe me).  Still, it don't make no damn sense to cut Cobb.  We don't need it.  We're not signing a big name free agent at any position. 

The way I see our pass rush next year is Perry, First round pick, June 1st cut, Biegel and Fackrell. 

I've looked through who is available and there isn't a single player that inspires any sort of anything.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/outside-linebacker/

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Stock way up for Mac, this team never gives up, stays calm on the sideline and continues to execute in the clutch. 4-1 in last play scoring games.

Stock down for Dom and Ted. We still can't play zone defense and we can't cover a screen, and it's obvious that this team isn't overly talented.

Hopefully we get to see #12 next week. Playoff chances took a hit, but seeing #12 will be enough of a Xmas gift for me.

McCarthy always seems to keep things together during times of adversity.  I've had him dead and buried a few times, but in the grand scheme of things he's a pretty good coach.  Now if he could only win a few more Lombardi Trophies.

There's some sort of a disconnect between our drafting and our defensive philosophies.  We keep drafting more and more defenders and it doesn't seem we are getting any better.  It does seem Dom has made some solid calls late in games to help get his defense off the field, but there always moments during the game where you find yourself sitting their scratching your head as to what they are trying to do out there.  As you said .. just not a really talented roster.

Yep .. play #12.  If that scan is good to go he should play.  You just never know if something like his return will spur on something special.  

Archived