Week 2 Texans vs Colts GDT

lumberjackchris

Missing our defensive leaders, our Oline and we still could have won this if that FG went in and we marched the field. That’s really how close it was.

I can’t wait to see Stroud with all Oline starters. I think with time to throw he could really be great

This loss probably derails any chance of us going .500. 

• Like 2

Not a single TFL, that’s a big red flag. Even when it seemed we stopped Moss short, he and his o-line pushed the pile forward.

Overall, the tackling is way better than last years, but maybe they haven’t improved as much as I thought they did. 

At times it seemed that Minshew was picking us apart just like CSU was Colorado last night, just throwing underneath and letting the receivers go for a bunch of YAC. Hopefully having our safeties back will help cut that out.

I don’t think our corners were really challenged down the field today, but that may be bc of the limits of Minshew 

• Like 1

The lack of pass rush and pressure past the LOS is concerning. Will Anderson wasn’t the only one who went MIA today, nobody was really pressing the issue and both QBs were able to sit back and make easy throws. 

I don’t know what needs to change, but it needs to happen ASAP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tab said:

Ironic silver lining: I have Stroud, Nico, and Tank on my fantasy bench and they were all my highest scorers today lol

Nico and his 29 points… are sitting on my bench today in favor of Michael Pittman Jr, Brandon Aiyuk and Isaiah Pacheco.

Texans aren’t the only 0-2 team here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

The lack of pass rush and pressure past the LOS is concerning. Will Anderson wasn’t the only one who went MIA today, nobody was really pressing the issue and both QBs were able to sit back and make easy throws. 

I don’t know what needs to change, but it needs to happen ASAP.

I am going to guess and hope that the game plan all week was to not pass rush hard because of Richardson’s ability to run. I bet we put in a contain scheme on the d line and then didn’t adjust when we had a different QB in. 

No one said it was going to be easy. We're a couple plays away from winning a lot of games here. We had a lot of positive plays, but one to two negative plays. One thing we've shown is we will fight.

- CJ Stroud.

Ok.

I'm convinced.

He's the guy.

Might not be this season... but CJ Stroud is going to win a Super Bowl with this team. Go ahead and write that down in pen.

(Posted this in the wrong thread, ha!)

• Like 1