Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

With a bad D, you cannot allow teams to linger in the NFL. DCs struggles in Redzones meant we would never put a team away, and when they switched to 4 down mode they could essentially score when needed. When teams figured this out early enough they could always come back on us. 
You don’t put teams away with FGS, you need TDS. 

On the Flip side to this, is now in NO, that D is going to keep them in a lot of games going into the 4th. And DC has shown throughout his career too, that when allowed to linger around he can put together a game winning drive too. 

DC on the raiders wasn’t going to work. With KC in the division, and a bad D, we need TDS. It is what it is. 
DC on the saints could actually work, but how early does he run into SF or Philly in the playoffs will be the question

21 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

With a bad D, you cannot allow teams to linger in the NFL. DCs struggles in Redzones meant we would never put a team away, and when they switched to 4 down mode they could essentially score when needed. When teams figured this out early enough they could always come back on us. 
You don’t put teams away with FGS, you need TDS. 

On the Flip side to this, is now in NO, that D is going to keep them in a lot of games going into the 4th. And DC has shown throughout his career too, that when allowed to linger around he can put together a game winning drive too. 

DC on the raiders wasn’t going to work. With KC in the division, and a bad D, we need TDS. It is what it is. 
DC on the saints could actually work, but how early does he run into SF or Philly in the playoffs will be the question

It's actually wild how little NO's defense will be tested. 

Lawrence, Stafford and Cousins are the only solid QBs they face all season. The NFC East schedule is fluff. 

Whomever comes out of that division is going to get rocked when they have to face any of Dallas, Philly, SF, Seattle in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

in the redzone yes.

just based on TD percent sure we are better
But I believe both teams average 4.5 points per redzone attempt. 
FG points do still matter, cant be giving the ball away in the redzone.
Points per redzone drive is all that really matters end of the day imo, so to say weve been better i think is just being a homer. 
Both teams neeed to improve. Both teams lucky their redzone mistakes havent cost them a game. (we couldve been perfect in redzone against buff, and still lost)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's actually wild how little NO's defense will be tested. 

Lawrence, Stafford and Cousins are the only solid QBs they face all season. The NFC East schedule is fluff. 

Whomever comes out of that division is going to get rocked when they have to face any of Dallas, Philly, SF, Seattle in the playoffs. 

yeah it is a cake walk of a schedule. Not denying that at all. I do still think their D is up there in the league though, and if they keep holding teams under 20 tough to argue against it imo. 
Weve seen our D give up 30 to bad Os before haha. 

I think NO could beat Seattle especially at home, the other 3 I agree would be tough, but the NFL truly is any given sunday. I think their D could slow down Dal and make it a who does what at the end (im not high on Dak, or put him in same tier as carr at least). 

will be an interesting season. 

speaking of easy schedules our next 8 games arent terrible. 
Steelers
@Chargers
Packers
Patriots
@Chi
Detroit
Giants 
Jets

Can we go 5-3 throughout that stretch? Per game I say yes, but 1 game at a time. 
Steelers banged up, time for the O to come alive, and get some momentum for the season. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

just based on TD percent sure we are better
But I believe both teams average 4.5 points per redzone attempt. 
FG points do still matter, cant be giving the ball away in the redzone.
Points per redzone drive is all that really matters end of the day imo, so to say weve been better i think is just being a homer. 
Both teams neeed to improve. Both teams lucky their redzone mistakes havent cost them a game. (we couldve been perfect in redzone against buff, and still lost)

Well it's only been two games but the fact remains Carr has been one of the worst QB'S in the redzone his entire career so there is more to go on in that fact.

• Like 1