Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Hot take, but if this is standing between us and a generational qb, I’m packaging Cosby.

I think it depends on where we end up selecting. I wouldn't give up 3 OA + Crosby for 1 OA for example. Crosby himself would easily go for 2+ FRPs.

But I am all for trading up, absolutely. I'd usually lean towards getting an elite QB no matter what, but man Crosby is the only Raider who gives a damn over the years. He's the perfect Raider. He even has the shield tattooed on his arm haha.

That'd be a tough pill to swallow. But I get it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Nice to see the forum united. We all went back and forth with Carr. We all think Jimmy is a human trash can. Jinny is a true leader, he reunited the fanbase. What a guy.

Lol was gonna say this is the most united I’ve seen this forum in years. 

• Like 1

Jimmy is just proof that you need a QB who can throw down the field to do anything in this league. Carr certainly has his faults, but you can at least keep defenses honest when you have deep ball accuracy and arm strength. If we don't draft a QBOTF who has a good deep ball, say goodbye to the run game unless this OL gets an overhaul.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jimmy is just proof that you need a QB who can throw down the field to do anything in this league. Carr certainly has his faults, but you can at least keep defenses honest when you have deep ball accuracy and arm strength. If we don't draft a QBOTF who has a good deep ball, say goodbye to the run game unless this OL gets an overhaul.

It really does seem like McDaniels really undervalued the aspect that Carr’s ability to throw deep brought to his offense and specifically keeping people honest in the run game. Another sign that he may not know as much about his very own system as he thinks he does. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

It really does seem like McDaniels really undervalued the aspect that Carr’s ability to throw deep brought to his offense and specifically keeping people honest in the run game. Another sign that he may not know as much about his very own system as he thinks he does. 

I wonder how much they regret not having overpaying to keep Stidham on the team. Out of all the QBs, he looked the best in this system

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agreed. Carr Arm strength isn’t elite but at least he is capable to beat the defense down the field so they have to respect it. 

Defenses don’t respect Jimmy arm so they can key in on the run. The defense just has to play 20 yards of field. This isn’t an NFL level arm strength anymore

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think it depends on where we end up selecting. I wouldn't give up 3 OA + Crosby for 1 OA for example. Crosby himself would easily go for 2+ FRPs.

But I am all for trading up, absolutely. I'd usually lean towards getting an elite QB no matter what, but man Crosby is the only Raider who gives a damn over the years. He's the perfect Raider. He even has the shield tattooed on his arm haha.

That'd be a tough pill to swallow. But I get it.

Crosby would be a hard guy to trade, he is actually great and loves being a Raider. But it’s a business. I’d be willing to deal him if it meant landing a Top 2 pick. 

In my view, the play calling is fine. Guys are getting open in the passing game. There are three issues I see:

1) Run game can't get going because.....

2) Guys are missing assignments/blocks. They are better in pass pro, but someone is getting beat individually from down to down to often and.......

3) When they sustain blocks, Jimmy G is not seeing the field and/or not trusting his read/arm to make the throw.

This all feel correctable. But as Adams said, we 'aint got time to wait and figure it out towards the end of the season. They gotta go now.   

• Like 1