Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This thread is really telling me who knows ball

There’s a tonne of these on Twitter.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. With Adam’s very honest appraisal of the offense yesterday - clearly stating how poor they have been, even in victory - there is a lot of attention from media and fans on Jimmy, McD and the offense.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1712593558140547527?s=20

Apparently we were trying to trade up for CJ Stroud. Bears were asking for 3 1st round picks and 2nd round picks for the #1 selection

Pretty much as expected. Would have been nice. He's looked great. At least shows they have the right eye for QB and were trying to do something. I can only hope for 2024's class the same.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty much as expected. Would have been nice. He's looked great. At least shows they have the right eye for QB and were trying to do something. I can only hope for 2024's class the same.

Agreed. We can expect no matter where we pick in the draft, they will attempt to trade up for a QB they like 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That’s what I was thinking, at least it shows we had earmarked a decent QB prospect to try and trade up for. That is a little reassuring. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is the first time in a while I've seen the forum united on a QB take and it's refreshing.

I think the frustrating part for me is that when we brought Garoppolo in, we supposedly knew who he was, nobody was expecting a Brett Favre gunslinger in the house, but we did expect a guy who knew the system, was a game manager, and perhaps a safe pair of hands to hold the fort until we got a high ceiling replacement. The thing is, he's been none of those things, he's not been safe, he's playing like he's never seen the scheme before and constantly missing open guys and just gifting interceptions right, left and centre. He's contributing in nullifying other parts of the team like the run game too.

I can put up with a QB who takes a shot now and again, gives his receiver a chance in double coverage perhaps and gets picked........he's trying to create something. But the interception against Green Bay encapsulates everything that is wrong really in one play: We have arguably the best WR in football on a route concept schemed up and breaking open, we've isolated a defender and made him choose high or low. Garoppolo is looking that direction of the field but yet decides to go with the perhaps 'safer' or more conservative option of throwing the ball shorter and still has it picked off by throwing behind the target and with no zip. We had our undisputed #1 WR wide open deep and we choose to go short and still get picked off............🤬   

It's infuriating. I hope he can pull it together but at this point it's blind faith that he can, rather than based on any kind of evidence or reasoning. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. We can expect no matter where we pick in the draft, they will attempt to trade up for a QB they like 

Problem brewing is Denver is making a case for the top pick. Going to add a weird element to this as far as which team gets a franchise QB. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Problem brewing is Denver is making a case for the top pick. Going to add a weird element to this as far as which team gets a franchise QB. 

That’s true. Also, Patriots, Cardinals and others seem to be positioning themselves for an epic tank as well.  Rumors of Malik Cunningham and Will Grier replacing Mac Jones have surfaced 

It also makes sense why Renfrow was still on the team. We probably offered him to Chicago for the #1 pick but Carolina outbid us with DJ Moore

Crazy how last year, we had what many state was complete crap, or let down by QB play, and we saw this with worse / injured recievers. 

To those saying last year was complete crap qb play, do you think there is any correlation to JJ being AP last season and nothing this year?😆

Assuming no, its all just Jacobs is different this year right?