Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Raiderlife24 said:

We have been in QB purgatory for last 10 years at least. We are worse ran franchise in NFL by far and probably worst ran of all professional sports. Raiders should be in league below the NFL and just above college. JMD is a disaster and Mark is clueless 

The Cleveland Browns would like a word. 

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I know Carr wasn't great. 

But I fail to see how 'getting rid of Carr" had any "good" effect on this team. 

We aren't picking top 5 and may not if we get 1 more win. 

We may lose MORE of our top talent because they may demand their way out

We may need to wait for another coaching staff and a bran new rebuild process to get us on track, which could be 3 more years before we see a semblance of improvement and mediocrity again....all to get back to the point where Carr had us. Which in hind sight wasn't a bad place to start

This regime is not trying compete given their roster construction and not trying to rebuild, leaving them directionless. 

They went all in around Carr to compete. Then pivoted to dumping him with no real plan.

This is all Tom Brady's fault. 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he  earned it, he'd have a starting job somewhere. Teams are desperate for QBs and I don't see any trading for Stidham.

He earned the opportunity to compete for the starting job in the offseason. There was chemistry between Adams and Stidham. I’m sure with Meyers too since they were teammates . Not sure he would of been worse than Jimmy

Hindsight is 20/20 though but nobody expected Jimmy to look this washed up 

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He earned the opportunity to compete for the starting job in the offseason. There was chemistry between Adams and Stidham. I’m sure with Meyers too since they were teammates . Not sure he would of been worse than Jimmy

well to be fair, every 9ers fan i talk to has told me the guy sucks. 
maybeeee, we should listen to 9ers fans who said, the guy doesnt throw 10 yards down field. . . he throws to yac monsters in their O. 

Every 9er fan celebrated getting rid of him. . . he was never good there. 
he did the happy feet thing, he took sakcs, but they won games with 17 points, or whatever we are averaging now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well to be fair, every 9ers fan i talk to has told me the guy sucks. 
maybeeee, we should listen to 9ers fans who said, the guy doesnt throw 10 yards down field. . . he throws to yac monsters in their O. 

Every 9er fan celebrated getting rid of him. . . he was never good there. 
he did the happy feet thing, he took sakcs, but they won games with 17 points, or whatever we are averaging now. 

Crazy thing.... the Raiders are built for YAC. That's why I thought Jimmy would fair okay. Adams, Meyers and Renfrow are precise route runners who can work the intermediate areas and get YAC. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Crazy thing.... the Raiders are built for YAC. That's why I thought Jimmy would fair okay. Adams, Meyers and Renfrow are precise route runners who can work the intermediate areas and get YAC. 

I do agree there. 
I want to go watch some 9er games with jimmy to see the concepts Shnny was running, but ultimately who cares, jimmy should never get another snap here again. 

I know there has been some open wrs, and jimmy just refuses to throw. . . and Carr missed a lot last year too. So the system has some ability, but does it require an all time qb to do it? 

We should be running tons of crossing routes, but I dont know that we are. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly and everyone forgets the Raiders lost that game on a poor decision where he tossed a pick. Then did nothing the following week against KC. 

I'm not really into moral victories when it comes to QB play. 

Slight disagreement here, he was hit whilst throwing I believe the first game so it’s not really a bad throw for the int plus the second game wasn't really bad was it, more average and what you’d expect. His ‘poor game’ is better than anything Garoppolo has produced this year and that’s not hyperbole, it genuinely isn’t which is just sad.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'd suggest you look at the Rams game or Saints game from a year ago. 

But yes, Jimmy has dropped off majorly. He was never this bad. Carr still sucks. Can we move on from both? 

Unfortunately not because our front office decided to make a decision that will leave them compared by fans and media alike the rest of the season at least. Front office is a laughing stock because of the decision at this point and you cant look up any nfl news today without seeing it. I was fine with moving on but we actually found a way to downgrade which is amazing in its own right.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm wondering if the Vikings would be interested in trading for Garoppolo. Kevin O'Connell is from the Shanahan coaching tree so Garoppolo would be familiar with the offense.

You see the product on the field and think another franchise would be bamboozled into trading for it? Especially at 28 mil? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I did and I'll pull multiple receipts.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I did and I'll pull multiple receipts.

the no one expected this, is just people who refuse to admit they were wrong. 
There is no way anyone couldve predicted jimmy is this much worse than Carr  is what they keep saying. 

as if there hasnt been years of arguing, that we need a plan in place to move on, and the same people yelled, you cant do worse. 

they know it deep down, just cant admit it yet. 

Moving on from Carr, with no plan, and not going full rebuild, was idiotic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

the no one expected this, is just people who refuse to admit they were wrong. 
There is no way anyone couldve predicted jimmy is this much worse than Carr  is what they keep saying. 

as if there hasnt been years of arguing, that we need a plan in place to move on, and the same people yelled, you cant do worse. 

they know it deep down, just cant admit it yet. 

Moving on from Carr, with no plan, and not going full rebuild, was idiotic. 

Not only that, they gave him the no trade clause. Brutal.

• Like 1