Possible Coaching Candidates If Hue Gets Fired

cortes02

2 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Jim Schwartz HC

John DeFilippo OC

Schwartz up and coming assistant as DC

I don't see any way the Eagles let Flip leave unless he gets a HC gig and they can't block that. Pretty sure any assistant coach role is considered a lateral move

53 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't see any way the Eagles let Flip leave unless he gets a HC gig and they can't block that. Pretty sure any assistant coach role is considered a lateral move

While they would have the right to block it, it's not a good look imo.

It's hard to attract top tier coaches if they think you're going to hinder their ability to improve their job/salary/role.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While they would have the right to block it, it's not a good look imo.

It's hard to attract top tier coaches if they think you're going to hinder their ability to improve their job/salary/role.

It happens all the time. It's not considered a promotion. In fact I'm pretty sure they blocked him from being interviewed for an OC job somewhere this past offseason. 

29 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It happens all the time. It's not considered a promotion. In fact I'm pretty sure they blocked him from being interviewed for an OC job somewhere this past offseason. 

Isn't another team able to throw the "assistant head coach" label on there as a means of getting around that?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn't another team able to throw the "assistant head coach" label on there as a means of getting around that?

I think so, but I think that would be as bad of a look as a team declining to let a guy go interview for a lateral move. 

Also, in this case I am about 98% certain Flip is going to get a HC offer/job somewhere, so I don't see it mattering in this instance for Flip. 

Let's talk about the jobs that will be open before we talk about who we could get here:

1. Detroit (Jim Caldwell will be fired)

2. Colts (Chuck Pagano)

3. Bears (John Fox)

4. NYG (Ben Mcadoo fired)

5. Denver (Vance Joseph)

6. Bengals (Marvin Lewis)

7. Bucs (Dirk Koetter)

Maybe:

Texans? Bill Obrien

Jets? Todd Bowles

Raiders? Jack Del Rio

Cardinals? Bruce Arians

---------------

So, do we really think John DeFilipo or whoever it is that we have as our number 1 coaching prospect is going to come here over those other places/organizations?

I say no...and that our HC candidates when Hue is fired will be 1. Dave Toub KC Special Teams Coordinator, & 2. Matt Nagy, KC Offensive Coordinator

Again, I'd say it ends up being Dave Toub.

Archived