Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

After an incredible start to Sunday's game the Birds limped to a victory. Now we are likely missing some key defensive starters on a short week vs the Vikings. 

Bradberry is highly unlikely to play with a concussion. Dean is almost certainly also out for at least a couple weeks. The other guys are an unknown at this time, but it was reported that Fletch dodged a serious injury(thankfully). 

The Eagles will once again have to overcome some adversity on a short week vs a talented but confusing Vikings team.

Can the offense right the ship? Can the defense overcome the injuries? Going to be an interesting prime time battle.

I’d love to see our offense light them up again, especially after yesterday. Get some big plays, some creative designs. Really extinguish any long term concerns.

Haven’t watched the game yet but their new look defense vs Bucs was apparently pretty inspiring, generated a lot of pressure. Certainly expecting more resistance than we got last year.

On paper we should dominate the trenches on the other side, but it won’t mean anything if Kirk is getting it out in 2 seconds to holes left by our LBs and safeties. Need Desai to prove his worth and help those guys out.

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’d love to see our offense light them up again, especially after yesterday. Get some big plays, some creative designs. Really extinguish any long term concerns.

Haven’t watched the game yet but their new look defense vs Bucs was apparently pretty inspiring, generated a lot of pressure. Certainly expecting more resistance than we got last year.

On paper we should dominate the trenches on the other side, but it won’t mean anything if Kirk is getting it out in 2 seconds to holes left by our LBs and safeties. Need Desai to prove his worth and help those guys out.

Going to be a polar opposite defensive strategy from MIN... Flores going to send the crib at Jalen & I think that's the one area our offense can struggle with. I am hopeful we can scheme up something against Flores' aggressive nature

11 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

2022:
 - Week 1)  Eagles 38 - Lions 35
 - Week 2)  Eagles 24 - Vikings 7
Eagles advance to Super Bowl

2023:
 - Week 1)  Eagles 25 - Patriots 20
 - Week 2)  Eagles ?  -  Vikings  ?
Good for what ails ya'.

I think you’re on to something…

2004:

- Week 1) Eagles 31 - Giants 17

- Week 2) Eagles 27 - Vikings 16

Ok, yea so what? It’s a clear coincidence. Eagles made a SB in 1980 too. Ok, ya smartarse…

1980:

- Week 1) Eagles 27 - Broncos 6 

- Week 2) Eagles 42 - Vikings 7

This is a must win. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think you’re on to something…

2004:

- Week 1) Eagles 31 - Giants 17

- Week 2) Eagles 27 - Vikings 16

Ok, yea so what? It’s a clear coincidence. Eagles made a SB in 1980 too. Ok, ya smartarse…

1980:

- Week 1) Eagles 27 - Broncos 6 

- Week 2) Eagles 42 - Vikings 7

This is a must win. 

On the plus side, the Eagles beat the Vikings in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl.
On the down side, the Eagles lost their 6-0, undefeated record in 1981.  (I remember that.)

These teams seem to be linked.

Dont have a score prediction but I dont think Eagles are winning this game if both Bradberry and Reed are sitting this one out. Our Dline is elite but if the QB is getting the ball out in half a sec every time it doesnt really matter. Our playcalling on offense and Hurt's play did just about everything to lose the game, so until I see us play differently im going to be less optimistic.

Edited by UndyTaker

The only thing that worries me about this game is health. Our offense needs to score points this game and I think they will. This Vikings defense is nowhere near as talented as the Pats and their OL is beat up. 

The Vikings just lost to a not good Bucs team at home. We should be able to win this game if we play anything close to our talent level. Looking for the birds to bounce back this week.