Josh Allen without Brian Daboll

notthatbluestuff

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Again, I don't think 19 games is a very large sample size so it would be very easy for him to fluctuate that number, but it is concerning and again the fact he's almost always been at 1.5 turnovers/game for his entire career is...lol not good.

Eh I dunno man, yes for a rookie, no for a 5-6 year vet IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm gonna do the same analysis later today for other top 5 QB's and see where Allen falls in comparison to them.

And I’m perfectly content completely throwing out Allen’s first two years altogether, because it’s reasonable to assume that Year 3+ is when he became who he is now.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's my only guess. His first read on this play was the TE, who was about to be hit my Mosley. Diggs is wide open but by the time he would've looked to his 2nd read he would've been sacked.

I actually think he could have got Kincaid at the top of his drop because he was breaking away from Mosely 

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

2 step drop/hitch and let it go. Look at Diggs and Kincaid when he hits his drop. They’re open and the pocket is fine at that time. Allen needlessly tried to run straight.

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It’s a good enough pocket to throw (is Diggs open there?) but he tucked and runs and tries to be hero. Is my guess.

wouldn’t he have fumbled that if it was a microcosm though 

If we're looking at this through a different lens, Allen has a pre-determined first read, which appears to be Kincaid (the guy who Mosley is running towards). He hits his hitch, sees that Mosley is closing so he doesn't like the throw, but by that time the pocket is already collapsing so instead of moving to another read and risking a sack he tries to scramble since the middle of the field is wide open. He just doesn't make it.

I really don't think this play by Allen is that bad. We can all sit here and say "throw it to Diggs!" but if Diggs isn't his first read on this play that's completely irrelevant. He didn't have time to make a 2nd read progression so he took off, which is the right call. The only knock you can have here is that maybe he could have thrown to Kincaid's outside shoulder and completed the pass.

• Like 1