• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

12 hours ago, textaz03 said:

More JPJ, who had a heck of a day one, including at guard

RG rep = staying inside-out with patience vs the stutter

C rep = eating the push-pull, anchor and finish

https://x.com/brandonthornnfl/status/1752481542528516162?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

videos on the link

Who is the last C prospect that came out at 330+ lbs?  That's HUGE!

Gurode weighed 316lb at the combine.  Frank Ragnow (DET) was 312, Tyler Biadasz was 314, Ryan Jensen (TB) was 317, Bradley Bozeman (CAR) was 317 - those are the heaviest Centers in the league right now and what they were coming into the league.   

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I cannot say enough say impressive @oregonfootball OL Jackson Powers-Johnson has been. Dominating at center and guard. Wins consistently with power, but here he shows the patience and quickness, too.

Not sure he’s lost a 1-on-1 rep all week

https://x.com/tampabaytre/status/1752725599607537919?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Video on link

BR is pretty high on his performance thus far as well: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10107281-2024-senior-bowl-takeaways-jackson-powers-johnson-ol-group-steals-show-on-day-1

"IOL Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

Powers-Johnson didn't just physically dominate. He also showed a special ability to recover when initially beaten to flip the script and finish rushers on multiple occasions during one-on-ones.

On one rep, the rusher was able to gain access to his inside edge that drew some cheers from the defensive linemen before Powers-Johnson stuck the rusher with his inside hand, redirected and torqued him on his back, quickly quieting the crowd. On another rep at right guard, he showed patience in his set against Ohio State's Michael Hall Jr. to not give him his hands before latching on, anchoring and ending the rep quickly.

During the team portion of practice, he strained, ran his feet and stayed attached to a block 10-plus yards downfield. On a double-team, he spearheaded another 10-plus yards of vertical displacement.

Seeing the 334-pounder excel at center was one thing. For him to make it look as seamless as he did at guard, Powers-Johnson provided valuable insight about whether he could play both spots.

All eyes will be on him during Day 2 to see how he responds to an outstanding Day 1 practice now that his opponents are likely keying on him and devising ways to alter their approach"

Safe to say JPJ is going to be a Cowboy fan draft darling.

Deservedly so. I’m all in on him. I’m not yet convinced that you have to trade up for him, though. Centers fall, there’s another really good one, and JPJ is a bit of an outlier from a size standpoint. #24 seems feasible.

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Safe to say JPJ is going to be a Cowboy fan draft darling.

Deservedly so. I’m all in on him. I’m not yet convinced that you have to trade up for him, though. Centers fall, there’s another really good one, and JPJ is a bit of an outlier from a size standpoint. #24 seems feasible.

I have seen him go late first or early second in most mocks. Def don’t see trading up for him

Sweat isn't the greatest pass rusher, but he's a run clogging titan of a man and he is manhandling Centers at the Sr Bowl with just straight up power.  He seems like the guy that's going to collapse the pocket from the inside, get in the QB's face, prevent him from stepping up into the pocket to avoid Micah/DLaw, and fill a massive hole in our run D.  I liked him as a 2nd round pick but in such a weak DT class, not sure he makes it out of the first.