GB's and Jerry Straps: Jets at Dallas

HDsportsfan

GB: There are obvious ones: offense, Lamb, defense and Micah, but I'm giving one to Biadasz.  His hustle play recovering that fumble was huge.  It's plays like that that may go unnoticed but are huge.  

JS:  Nit picking but would like to see more drives result in TDs.  Where are you Gallup?

• Like 1

Game Balls

Mike McCarthy - great game plan today, and going for 2 after the penalty was brilliant.

Micah Parsons - there are no words for what this manimal is capable of.

CeeDee Lamb - all he did was eat the Nets’ DB’s lunch all game long.

Run defense - the only person capable of running the ball was Zach Wilson, and that’s only because he had to scramble when flushed out of the pocket. The unit held the running backs to 28 yards on 11 carries.

Dak Prescott - it’s not because he did anything extraordinary. It’s because he didn’t force himself into trying to do anything extraordinary. He made one bad decision all game, when he was late on a pass in the 2nd quarter which almost got picked off. Beyond that, he was solid.

Jerry Straps

Michael Gallup - where are you? He was damn near invisible all game.

GB:  Parsons was totally unstoppable. our DL was elite the whole game extra shout out to DLaw who was great at setting the edge. The rest of the D frankly just living off the cred of our front.  Though Diggs Bland and Kearse seemed to stand out
Lamb was a beast.  Dak - 13-13 to start the game..   had two TD’s before McCarthy put a lid on everything understanding the FG’s were enough to put away the Jets

OL made only a few mistakes and those from third string RG.  

JS…..   won 30-10 come on man

HM:JS. Gilmore’s play was the only “weakness” I saw today. Though those two straight scrambles at half end gave me grief 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Think it was @Northland who made the LT/Derrick Thomas comparison. That’s on point. He’s clearly on a different level, so I’d say, yes.

I made the comparison.  Romo said as much yesterday when he referred to Parsons as a game wrecker.  If you're an opposing HC or OC you start watching film of Parsons and ask how do we scheme for him?  You won't control him.  Your goal should be to try and minimize his impact.  He's a generational player.  In that sense not only is he the leading candidate for DPOY, but he will be in the conversation for MVP.

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I made the comparison.  Romo said as much yesterday when he referred to Parsons as a game wrecker.  If you're an opposing HC or OC you start watching film of Parsons and ask how do we scheme for him?  You won't control him.  Your goal should be to try and minimize his impact.  He's a generational player.  In that sense not only is he the leading candidate for DPOY, but he will be in the conversation for MVP.

Right at this point cowboys need to figure how to have “this Parsons” come playoff time rather than the one we saw last year in playoffs.  

15 hours ago, Northland said:

It’s been since 2013 since a non-QB won MVP and that was AP. The last time a non Offensive player won MVP was 1986, and that was non other than Lawrence Taylor! 

crazy that to think only 3 non-offensive players have won MVP. LT in 86, a kicker Mark Mosley in 82 and DT Alan Page in 71

Edited by textaz03

32 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

It’s been since 2013 since a non-QB won MVP and that was AP. The last time a non Offensive player won MVP was 1986, and that was non other than Lawrence Taylor! 

crazy that to think only 3 non-offensive players have won MVP. LT in 86, a kicker Mark Mosley in 82 and DT Alan Page in 71

I’m sure it will stay the same.

But maybe, just maybe, the stars align for Micah this year if he has a really monster year (like 20 sacks) and we get the #1 seed. Mahomes has no receivers, Allen and Burrow look like trash, Hurts been just ok, Rodgers injured, Herbert on a bad team, a lot of Tua credit may go to Ty Hill…