Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) vs Chargers (0-2)

swede700

Why am I a fan of this team! Why did I pick something that always left me with emotional damage? I paid money for YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket to watch my team find different ways to lose for 17 weeks! Miami is putting up 70 and I have to wait until the 2nd half for my team to score with JJ, TJ, KJ, and Addison. GB came back down 17-0 to win and Lions also won. 

• Like 1

We can lament all we want.   Evans, should've been incredible, interveption didn't transpire . . . That was atleast a 7 point swing.   Hock's fumble, the int . . . None of it helped.   More concerning . . . Giving up about 500 yards in offense -- bad news when the blitz isn't getting home.   Way too many 3rd down conversions allowed.  

For the record, Brandon Staley was the Vikes' best hope and we let him down.   He should be fired. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Side note not a Kirk bashing: I know O'Neil has to be upset a little with Kirk. A sack and a couple of O'Neil pressures were him making the DE go wide well past the pocket and Kirk simply not stepping up.

Kirk was holding the ball today.

8 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Why am I a fan of this team! Why did I pick something that always left me with emotional damage? I paid money for YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket to watch my team find different ways to lose for 17 weeks! Miami is putting up 70 and I have to wait until the 2nd half for my team to score with JJ, TJ, KJ, and Addison. GB came back down 17-0 to win and Lions also won. 

yeah, but you could be living in a cardboard box and sleeping in the cold every night.

• Like 2

This season continues to feel like cruel and unusual punishment from the football gods. The Vikings are now 0-3 with three consecutive one-score losses, by a total of 13 points, after going 11-0 in games decided by eight points or fewer during the 2022 regular season. They just can't catch any breaks.

Then again, it's hard to say the Vikings are 0-3 because they've been unlucky. They've done this to themselves, in many ways. They turned the ball over two more times in this game and gave up a touchdown on a ball that should've been intercepted by Akayleb Evans. Twice, they had first and goal from the 3 and failed to score a touchdown. Cousins was hit 13 times and sacked four times on a day where the Vikings' offense went 4 for 14 on third down.

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-lose-another-heartbreaker-against-chargers-fall-0-3

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, but you could be living in a cardboard box and sleeping in the cold every night.

This is true VD. Always appreciate the important things in life!  Just tired of the hollow stats, where the numbers look good but watching it is not matching up. Honestly, just venting because I already paid for everything and must drive for 6 hours for the Vikings Panthers game.

• Like 2