The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. San Diego however would laugh at us lol

Oh I know. I was being funny, we’d definitely have to give up more. But if you wanted a wild alternative there’s the framework of one. 

• Like 1

Let me just say this -- I hear the roar of NOs already but Justin Fields is still out there and the haul for #2 will be tremendous. Fields value is -- well it's dropped. He can be had for a bone and some Kibble.

I didn't see Sam being traded and Mariota coming in - so nothing Peters pulls will shock me too much . I'm just not thrilled with our choice at 2 if Williams goes #1. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Let me just say this -- I hear the roar of NOs already but Justin Fields is still out there and the haul for #2 will be tremendous. Fields value is -- well it's dropped. He can be had for a bone and some Kibble.

I didn't see Sam being traded and Mariota coming in - so nothing Peters pulls will shock me too much . I'm just not thrilled with our choice at 2 if Williams goes #1. 

I’m thinking that if Fields could be had for peanuts he’d be gone. I think the Bears are holding strong to what they want and no one wants to do it. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m thinking that if Fields could be had for peanuts he’d be gone. I think the Bears are holding strong to what they want and no one wants to do it. 

lol or not Mike

• Like 5

Drake Maye QB North Carolina
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Adisa Isaac EDGE Penn State
Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State
Devontez Walker WR North Carolina
Calen Bullock S USC
Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
Zak Zinter OG Michigan
Brevyn Spann-Ford TE Minnesota....I thought this draft worked out fairly well

1) Drake Maye QB UNC

2) Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

2)Kamari Lassiter CB UGA

3)Xavier Leggete WR South Carolina

3)Chris Braswell LB-Edge Alabama

3) Theo Johnson TE Penn St.

5) Javon Foster OT Missouri

5) Kalen King CB Penn St.

7) Frank Gore Jr. RB Southern Miss

My first mock since the trade. 

• Like 2

They just gave up Fields for nothing. I mean when everyone knows your taking a QB at 1 then why big against yourself.

The Steelers just got two QB’s for about a old stale Ham Sammich in terms of assets for the position.

Edited by ripsean21

Did a PFN mock tonight

Pick 2: Drake Maye

****TRADE****

I moved back into the first round with Green Bay. I traded pick 36, pick 78 and next years 2nd to move up

Pick 25: Tyler Guyton

Pick 40: Cooper DeJean

Pick 67: Xavier Legette

Pick 100: Cade Stover

Pick 139: Zak Zinter 

Pick 152: LaDarius Henderson

Pick 222: Sam Hartman 

• Like 3

How much you guys think we would have to trade you in order to move up to 2? Would you even trade back to 11? Would Washington consider trading at all?

I get the ongoing sense that the Vikings want to move into the top 3, probably 2, to get whoever it is they want. 

Apparently, there is a decently significant hike in draft price to move up to 2 overall as opposed to 3.  

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Did a PFN mock tonight

Pick 2: Drake Maye

****TRADE****

I moved back into the first round with Green Bay. I traded pick 36, pick 78 and next years 2nd to move up

Pick 25: Tyler Guyton

Pick 40: Cooper DeJean

Pick 67: Xavier Legette

Pick 100: Cade Stover

Pick 139: Zak Zinter 

Pick 152: LaDarius Henderson

Pick 222: Sam Hartman 

That would be a great draft. DeJean seems pretty unrealistic unfortunately that late but otherwise we’d be a happy crew overall. I’m no Legette fan but I definitely want a WR early. 

1 hour ago, Morlee said:

How much you guys think we would have to trade you in order to move up to 2? Would you even trade back to 11? Would Washington consider trading at all?

I get the ongoing sense that the Vikings want to move into the top 3, probably 2, to get whoever it is they want. 

Apparently, there is a decently significant hike in draft price to move up to 2 overall as opposed to 3.  

Your issue is how desperately we need a QB too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morlee said:

They aren’t moving the pick dude. I don’t think New England is either.