The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Todays update:

I’m on Maye again after listening to Joel Klatts podcast.

There’s a ton to like about Maye. I think he should sit. But let’s be real what QB has ever developed for Mac Brown? Maye has all pro talent. If we take him I just want them to do right by the kid. He was Nick Saban’s guy coming out of HS. I don’t comp him to Herbert but I will say just like Justin in college he has not been maximized to his skillset. I know I’ve voiced a ton of knocks on him here but it’s not because I don’t love his potential. I’m just stating what I see and stating how others had those things and it didn’t pan out because of. Personally like all players I hope he maximizes himself in the NFL because he has a skillset to be crazy exciting on sundays

4 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Not gonna lie, the Nix Penix truthers are mostly delusional to me.

I like Penix but Bo really needs to go to Denver or New Orleans. Those are his two best fits I don’t see it with him

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

The Steal of this Draft - could be, Bo Nix. Kiper is saying he reminds him of Drew Brees. I think he's right up/ down there with Maye and Daniels. What a draft this could turn out to be .. so interesting .

He's not. He left the SEC where he mostly struggled and went to an offense where he could dump the ball off 75% of the time. 

"His average depth of target was 6.9, aka 4th shortest in college football last year (default 20% filter on PFF).

Behind LOS - 95.8% on 118 attempts for 780 yards

Short (0-9 yards) - 80.9% on 173 attempts for 1,334 yards"

Ripped from Reddit per soupcansam21

The Marvin Harrison (Sr.) off-field story is a crazy one. It’s so incredibly different than the way he presented his whole career.

I do find it a little wild that people say Caleb Williams will probably bust because his dad is a problem — but many of the same folks feel that Marvin Harrison is a safe, surefire HOFer?

• Like 1

The MHJ stuff is kinda meh to me but is a curious one.

I can see pros and cons from it.

From his perspective -> I mean he's got a ton of game film to go by. Running routes against air can only serve to drop draft stock (or he could get injured while simply running drills and that could definitely drop his stock).

From the team perspective -> The combine and pro days are designed to also (in addition to drills) allow teams to run medical tests and interviews. This protects teams from investing millions of dollars into a kid (not to mention the opportunity cost of not drafting someone else instead) that has something to hide. 

If he doesn't want to run the 40 or run routes or do drills, I don't think any team is really going to mind. They have the film on how he plays in pads and against opponents in real games. So as a GM, I wouldn't care.

BUT...he needs to go through tests and interviews IMHO (unless he has something to hide). If I was a GM, and a player refused to allow my guys to examine him, I wouldn't draft him.

• Like 4

I am of the opinion that MHJ is probably the best receiver in this class but I’m not of the opinion it’s by a wide margin. Frankly, I think Nabers ability to take the top off of a defense is as appealing as anything

Once we pick Maye or Daniels and are thinking about trading back into the 1st rd to nab a Tackle. I think the sweet spot for that to happen is between picks 12-17. 
Pick 12 Denver

Pick 13 Las Vegas

Pick 14 New Orleans 

Pick 15 Indianapolis 

Pick 16 Seattle 

Pick 17 Jacksonville 

It all depends on how the draft falls,Tackles possibly in play:

Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Mims

Well, mark me down as one who believes we trade down from #2.

My Prediction: We trade down with Arizona.

Washington gets Arizona's #4 in 1st, #27 in 1st & either their 3rd rounder in 2024? Or their 2nd in 2025.

Arizona gets our #2. (Perhaps a late day 3 pick)

Arizona moves up for MHj. They don't want New England taking him there at #3 & they're concerned with the Giants or any team in the top 10 moving up to #2 or even #3(NE) & taking their WR.

Bears take Caleb Williams @#1.

Arizona takes MHj @#2.

New England takes QB Drake Maye @#3.

And Washington takes QB Jayden Daniels @#4.

Then, they either stay at #27 & take best player at that spot?

Or they package #27 & our 2nd to move up in the draft for our OT. (Perhaps back in the top 10)

This is what I'm predicting.

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

BUT...he needs to go through tests and interviews IMHO (unless he has something to hide). If I was a GM, and a player refused to allow my guys to examine him, I wouldn't draft him

Agreed, and that was my point. As far as everything I saw he is doing this. He just isn’t running around in his underwear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed, and that was my point. As far as everything I saw he is doing this. He just isn’t running around in his underwear. 

I do that for free

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Well, mark me down as one who believes we trade down from #2.

My Prediction: We trade down with Arizona.

Washington gets Arizona's #4 in 1st, #27 in 1st & either their 3rd rounder in 2024? Or their 2nd in 2025.

Arizona gets our #2. (Perhaps a late day 3 pick)

Arizona moves up for MHj. They don't want New England taking him there at #3 & they're concerned with the Giants or any team in the top 10 moving up to #2 or even #3(NE) & taking their WR.

Bears take Caleb Williams @#1.

Arizona takes MHj @#2.

New England takes QB Drake Maye @#3.

And Washington takes QB Jayden Daniels @#4.

Then, they either stay at #27 & take best player at that spot?

Or they package #27 & our 2nd to move up in the draft for our OT. (Perhaps back in the top 10)

This is what I'm predicting.

Intersting . I never considered a position other than QB at #2 .