The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

Totally agree, but be aware the last qb @ripsean21 was obsessed with ended up a viking and a bust.  I think it is a @ripsean21/viking curse.  Tread carefully.

🤣🤣🤣 I 💯💯 missed on him. But that’s where intangibles come in. Because Mond had really good traits. But that’s what make JJ the most intriguing guy in the class for me. Very similar as far as arm movement and play style. But what JJ went through there I think is the difference. And it’s also a different evaluation. I wasn’t super high on that class as I felt Lawrence was being over rated based on his tape and I felt Lance and Fields were the top guys. I felt Mond was just the best value player due to expected round where he’d be selected and his skillset stacking up against his class I liked him over guys like Jones and Wilson who just had things on tape I felt like they just weren’t really the guys they were hyped up to be. Sadly I feel very similarly to this class as I did that one and that’s why I keep coming back to JJ

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

🤣🤣🤣 I 💯💯 missed on him. But that’s where intangibles come in. Because Mond had really good traits. But that’s what make JJ the most intriguing guy in the class for me. Very similar as far as arm movement and play style. But what JJ went through there I think is the difference. And it’s also a different evaluation. I wasn’t super high on that class as I felt Lawrence was being over rated based on his tape and I felt Lance and Fields were the top guys. I felt Mond was just the best value player due to expected round where he’d be selected and his skillset stacking up against his class I liked him over guys like Jones and Wilson who just had things on tape I felt like they just weren’t really the guys they were hyped up to be. Sadly I feel very similarly to this class as I did that one and that’s why I keep coming back to JJ

I know different situation. You were targeting Mond a good bit later in the draft, but it would be pretty ironic if the vikings draft JJ.  They keep trying to pull you in as a fan.

• Like 2

JPA Football 

𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗦: The #Commanders have been getting trade calls for the 2nd overall pick, but many people around the league see them staying at 2 and going QB, per @JFowlerESPN 

They traded Sam Howell and only have Marcus Mariota on the roster, Washington appears slated to take a QB.

Would love to hear the compensation!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JPA Football 

𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗦: The #Commanders have been getting trade calls for the 2nd overall pick, but many people around the league see them staying at 2 and going QB, per @JFowlerESPN 

They traded Sam Howell and only have Marcus Mariota on the roster, Washington appears slated to take a QB.

And it will happen with Arizona. 😊

Back to #4. 

SB Nation

It is most likely that Fuaga will fall between the Commanders’ first two picks in the draft. However, a lot can happen between now and Washington’s first trip to the podium. Fuaga projects as a day one starter at RT for the Commanders, where he has potential to develop into an All Pro with more coaching and experience. It has been suggested that some teams might move him to guard, with potential to provide an upgrade over one of the current starters in time. That would seem to represent his floor in Washington. 

The Commanders have met with Fuaga three times, so he is certainly on their radar.

On the Commanders, Holani would compete for the fourth RB spot on the depth chart, which is currently wide open. He would be a player they could play on special teams or stash on the practice squad while he develops his pass blocking skills. He fits the profile of late-round running who exceed expectations in the NFL. The Commanders have met with Holani three times, so there must be something that interests them.

The Commanders have met with Muasau three times, which seems like a lot of attention for a player who is projected as a late Day 3 pick or priority free agent. What could be drawing their interest?

Muasau was a five year starter, beginning his career in his native Hawaii before transferring to UCLA for his final two seasons. He was a very productive run stopper in college. He plays with a strong motor and unrelenting drive to make plays on the ball. Good initial quickness combined with great instincts and play recognition allows him to quickly close lanes and stop runners short.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

This is according to NFL insider Jeremy Fowler with ESPN. The Commanders can either select a quarterback with the pick. Or, the team can pile up draft picks with a trade. Washington needs a roster redo under new coach Dan Quinn. 

Fowler provided Commanders details, Saturday.

“They have been unpredictable, and I’ve talked to a team source who said they are still open with a thorough process. They have not made a firm determination on which direction they’re going. Everybody around the league expects Chicago at 1 to take Caleb Williams of course. So, Washington’s going to go into next week with a contingent going to the Pro Days of both Jayden Daniels at LSU, Drake Mayeat UNC. They’re going to shake that out, see what they like. Kliff Kingsbury the OC will be there with head coach Dan Quinn, and they’ll have the cavalry. 

“So, they’re going to after that sort through the entire process. I know they are getting calls, inquiries about the No. 2 pick from teams potentially moving up. But largely, despite all of those theatrics, the feeling around the league is they’ll take one of those two guys that you rarely get a chance to take at No. 2 a quarterback like they have now.”

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

I know different situation. You were targeting Mond a good bit later in the draft, but it would be pretty ironic if the vikings draft JJ.  They keep trying to pull you in as a fan.

I mean my two favorite draft prospect WR’s ever they drafted maybe they are 🤣🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Us being so interested in Fuaga is a little weird. I think he's gone in the first 13 or so picks. 

Maybe we’re moving on up for him and that’s the reason for the inactivity at OT in FA to date. He’s a massive human and he would be amazing beside Cosmi. I’m still super excited for our OC he’s really solid on tape and I was high on him coming out. Honestly I’m just excited too see the youth the decide are the building blocks for the direction of this team moving forward.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JPA Football 

You forgot about Jake Fromm! He's currently our QB2 behind Mariota and is literally the only QB on the roster who's been on the team more than 2 weeks.

• Like 1