The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He's not a starter. He's a liability. Serviceable is Cornelius Lucas who can come in and start and not throw up on himself. Wylie just doesn't have the speed to play OT and they forced the issue and overpaid him to boot. There were so many good OT available that year and that's the direction we went. 

Semantics. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

😂 Really? I can't believe a doctor said this off or this image! It's obviously a Photoshoped or cropped screw-up. The top of his arm doesn't even line up with his forearm in the picture.

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I think today was a slight win for Jayden Daniels. The height and hand size measurements were good and the weight is well....acceptable. He looks like a skinnier, faster Jordan Love. 

Now let's see what Drake Maye can do. Will he do anything else besides pass tomorrow? 

Yeah, his measurements was a win for him and he threw it well which lines up with how he threw the ball this year at LSU.

I'm sure Drake Maye will do all kinds of different passes, from pocket and on the run like everyone else.

What else would you expect Maye to do?

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

😂 Really? I can't believe a doctor said this off or this image! It's obviously a Photoshoped or cropped screw-up. The top of his arm doesn't even line up with his forearm in the picture.

I was surprised when I saw this and had to post it. So stupid it’s funny. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alright, so can someone go to the tweet that I posted above, and copy and paste it into the text box here?  You’ll want to use the “Share Post” button, then “Share Via _______” and then post the link directly here.  

The first tweet, I used Safari, and the second I used Chrome.  The direct link I posted came from Chrome.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It worked!

When I do it on my PC, I copy the URL of the Tweet then I paste here.

It embeds automatically unless I check the "post as link instead" so maybe that is the default for others on their phones?

Oh and I also use Chrome on my PC and my phone. I don't own an iPhone because I don't need a needlessly complex device that treats me like a child (*)

(*) that's what my wife is for sometimes

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

When I do it on my PC, I copy the URL of the Tweet then I paste here.

It embeds automatically unless I check the "post as link instead" so maybe that is the default for others on their phones?

Oh and I also use Chrome on my PC and my phone. I don't own an iPhone because I don't need a needlessly complex device that treats me like a child (*)

(*) that's what my wife is for sometimes

I've pointed out to people what I do, and @MKnight82 & @Slappy Mc have as well.

When I’m in the X (former Twitter) app, I click the ⬆️ icon on the lower right side under the tweet. 

When you do that it goes to a screen where you can share the tweet on other platforms or you can text it or email it. 

It also says “share with” next to the “copy link” icon.

Click “share with.” Then, it has a list of things where you can share it to. You want to click on the “open with Safari” or whatever web browser you use.

When it opens in the web browser then, you just copy the URL & then post it in you're post on footballs future. It automatically embeds the tweet then. It's worked for me every time since I started doing it 6 months ago or so. And trust me, if I can do it, anyone can do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, his measurements was a win for him and he threw it well which lines up with how he threw the ball this year at LSU.

I'm sure Drake Maye will do all kinds of different passes, from pocket and on the run like everyone else.

What else would you expect Maye to do?

I don't expect he'll do it, but the forty, vertical/board jumps or 3 cone. 

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

I think today was a slight win for Jayden Daniels. The height and hand size measurements were good and the weight is well....acceptable. He looks like a skinnier, faster Jordan Love. 

Now let's see what Drake Maye can do. Will he do anything else besides pass tomorrow? 

I do not trust that he shows up at exactly 210 and doesn't run. Maybe I'm nitpicking here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Apparently we’re meeting with Maye before his pro day takes place tomorrow morning. Seems odd. 

"Hey Drake. You're the guy. Don't tell anyone."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I don't expect he'll do it, but the forty, vertical/board jumps or 3 cone. 

I guess he could do those but to me, that's not how I evaluate a QB. I don't care how fast they run, how high they job, or their change of direction. Give me the best passer, or the guy who has the most potential to be the best passer.