The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

I was talking to a UNC grad yesterday who is also a Commanders fan. I asked what he wanted to do expecting a "definitely Maye" response.

He didn't. He did say trade down (so I asked if he was @Slappy Mc).

I said if we didn't trade down then what? He wasn't sure. He likes Maye, but he didn't like how much like Howell he was in his quiet demeanor. He said something like "sometimes I want my QB to get mad and go out there and get the team fired up. I worry he doesn't have that, and it will be an issue in the NFL. It was hard to watch in college sometimes." I am paraphrasing more or less, but I thought it was interesting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I was talking to a UNC grad yesterday who is also a Commanders fan. I asked what he wanted to do expecting a "definitely Maye" response.

I said if we didn't trade down then what? He wasn't sure. He likes Maye, but he didn't like how much like Howell he was in his quiet demeanor. He said something like "sometimes I want my QB to get mad and go out there and get the team fired up. I worry he doesn't have that, and it will be an issue in the NFL. It was hard to watch in college sometimes." I am paraphrasing more or less, but I thought it was interesting. 

Yeah but then the issue is Jayden Daniels isn't that guy either. So what do we do? lol

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah but then the issue is Jayden Daniels isn't that guy either. So what do we do? lol

He didn't have much to say about him either. 

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Man, that’s a close poll.  I did not think that our fan base would have them that close.  

In case people are curious - with 1800 votes.

• Draft Jayden Daniels
    39.7%
  •  
    Draft Drake Maye
    43.5%
  •  
    Draft JJ McCarthy
    4.9%
  •  
    Trade back
    11.9%

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

• Draft Jayden Daniels
    39.7%
  •  
    Draft Drake Maye
    43.5%
  •  
    Draft JJ McCarthy
    4.9%
  •  
    Trade back
    11.9%

So you say we're drafting JJ McCarthy then

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

• Draft Jayden Daniels
    39.7%
  •  
    Draft Drake Maye
    43.5%
  •  
    Draft JJ McCarthy
    4.9%
  •  
    Trade back
    11.9%

214 people think like I do... 

At least I'm not alone. Haha. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't want to admit it was me that you were speaking to. It's hard when people see you on the streets and recognize you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2