The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Looks like the big group outing was a trip to Top Golf. 

I’m so burned out on this process, I can’t even muster one single feeling — good or bad — about that 😂

That’s when you gotta start doing your pre work for 2025. Honestly by seasons end your pretty much wrapped up with the class. A few things can change but most of the tape has been ranked and noted. I love when pro days are over because I watch spring games and really start setting up my pre season ranks so I tend to get ahead for next year and this year this time I just try to ignore reports because especially this year it’s all speculation

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Looks like the big group outing was a trip to Top Golf. 

I’m so burned out on this process, I can’t even muster one single feeling — good or bad — about that 😂

Honestly, they probably are too. They might have actually just got to enjoy this lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

"Alright, no pressure guys, whoever impresses us the most is our pick in this draft."

Maye golfs 👀

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39960959

ESPN analysts questioning why we are bringing in other guys if Jayden Daniels is "the pick". Could be for show, but what if they truly still haven't decided this close to the draft? 

So Mel doesn't think its possible they've graded the QBs differently than he has? The same Mel who had 43 start Jayden Daniels as a 4th round pick coming into this season? 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So Mel doesn't think its possible they've graded the QBs differently than he has? The same Mel who had 43 start Jayden Daniels as a 4th round pick coming into this season? 

Winning the Heisman can do that for ya. 

I personally think everyone is talking out their butts on this stuff. To me it has always been Caleb Williams and everyone else. You can pick the tools/playstyle that you like and make assumptions from there, but there is no "clear cut" #2 guy as he suggests in this video. 

We have 8 days until this gets resolved and we can all love it or hate it together. I'm excited to see if we trade back UP into the the first round to get a top tier talent. I think we have enough needs we should wait and see who's available, but if a run on OTs happens, we should probably pull the trigger. 

23 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This is a big consideration 

I find this very interesting, because he’s a guy that I’ve liked a lot — but I’ve absolutely heard the “inconsistent effort” and “attitude issues” stuff on him. 

In terms of what he’s able to do, he’s a really nice fit with Daniels. After the top 4 receivers, he’s probably the best combination of smooth route-running, vertical speed, and ability to elevate to go get the ball downfield. His route pacing is really good, but you do see some of the inconsistent effort and lack of interest in dominating on the field.

If you have some sort of plan for working with a guy like this to get his body chemistry working for him — instead of against him — you could really get a steal. But that’s easier said than done, when a couple high-end programs have seemed to struggle to succeed there so far.