The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m posting these promising tweets about DM to keep your dreams alive pal!

You’re doing God’s work, my friend. If they end up taking Drake, @lavar703 and I owe you and @Slappy Mc a steak dinner for fighting the good fight to keep us from diving unnecessarily into the abyss. 

…they’re still taking Jayden, though 😂

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll believe it when his name is called. 

This is where everyone should be. I don't care if Schefter tells you it's safe to buy a Jayden Daniels jersey, the Patriots file a patent for the trademark "19-0," or the Eagles Fan that got SB Champs tattooed on his arm before the game was played. Do not put the cart before the horse. Once it happens, then it is for sure. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

This is where everyone should be. I don't care if Schefter tells you it's safe to buy a Jayden Daniels jersey, the Patriots file a patent for the trademark "19-0," or the Eagles Fan that got SB Champs tattooed on his arm before the game was played. Do not put the cart before the horse. Once it happens, then it is for sure. 

Why have you been so up in arms over this? We're all in speculation mode at this point none of us know what is going to happen. But you jump all over anyone who posts about what the media is saying. 

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

https://x.com/LosTalksPats/status/1780955624358265040

It appears Schefter might be backing off from his "go buy your Daniels jerseys" message. He's clearly giving himself wiggle room now. 

This is expected. All media members want to be first to be correct and try to walk back comments as not a for sure thing when something contradicts them. Schefter is not special in this area. They're all just talking heads. No one knows anything at this point. 

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why have you been so up in arms over this? We're all in speculation mode at this point none of us know what is going to happen. But you jump all over anyone who posts about what the media is saying. 

Trying to keep my brothers level headed about something that is far from certain isn't jumping all over anyone that posts something. Specifically speaking, only Lavar and E have posted anything of "certainty" that my response could be construed as "jumping over". 

I don't like seeing posters I like talking with or debating with getting downtrodden about something as if it were a fact. If/when Daniels is selected, I will be by their side bashing the decision. If Maye/McCarthy are selected, I will be alone bashing the decision. 

I have been very vocal since the beginning of the off-season that I am not a fan of any of the QBs (sans Williams). I'm not going to shove that in anyone's face anymore than I already have. But when I see someone get dead set on one prospect, I will do my best to caution them not to tunnel in that direction and set themselves up for heartbreak. 

If my posting about it bothers you, I will post less. I am trying to remain involved in draft conversations that I have already had to concede we are selecting a QB, when I preferred a trade down. I apologize if I am coming off overly negative, that is not my intention. 

For the record - I too am in the Drake Maye camp (also love JJ). If we go Jaden, I will probably be very excited. In fact - the only QB I DONT want is Caleb. 

It's interesting, I actually watched the cut-ups that @Thaiphoon posted of Drake, Jaden, and JJ. I then grabbed the Caleb one too. After watching all 4, I don't think Caleb has anything over the other three. Am I crazy? His timing looked awful, patted the ball and held on to it WAY to much. And then, he quit on his team during the ND game. That was the dagger for me, can't have a leader quitting on your team, especially since USC and ND is a heated rivalry. 

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

There are a few... maybe even just one... potential... scenario that they trade down. 

Spoiler

Maybe with the Patriots if they feel strongly enough about Maye/Daniels.

22 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Yep, not good enough. I want two ones this year !

2 1’s for the next three years is better then two this year and two next year. No it isn’t this class but having 2 1’s and 2 2’s going forward your legit talking about stockpiling serious talent added into 6 picks this year in the top 3 rounds I mean that’s a franchise altering haul

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

For the record - I too am in the Drake Maye camp (also love JJ). If we go Jaden, I will probably be very excited. In fact - the only QB I DONT want is Caleb. 

It's interesting, I actually watched the cut-ups that @Thaiphoon posted of Drake, Jaden, and JJ. I then grabbed the Caleb one too. After watching all 4, I don't think Caleb has anything over the other three. Am I crazy? His timing looked awful, patted the ball and held on to it WAY too much. And then, he quit on his team during the ND game. That was the dagger for me, can't have a leader quitting on your team, especially since USC and ND is a heated rivalry. 

I have heard he’s an even better prospect then Luck and too that show me one game that he got hit that he won. This isn’t college anymore. Luck was a dog. He was legit special inbetween the ears had good arm mobility and was a tank as long as he could handle it. If Luck was added to this Chicago team I’d actually say they could be in their SB window he was actually that good and it showed year one and on.