The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He reminds me of Russell Okung. I think he ends up being that type of tackle. I don't see him in the Trent Williams mold. That's either Mims or Guyton but all things have to go right for them to end up elite like him. Or we wait until next season for Will Campbell. 

I think Okung the player is a pretty low bar for him, but I get the comparison to play style. At the very least he is a rich man's Okung if that's the comparison. I was thinking a Laremy Tunsil type for play style and potential. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/washington-owner-josh-harris-is-more-involved-than-expected

Mike Florio still hates Washington. He is insinuating that Harris is dictating which QB to select and I truly do not believe that is the case. There was the report about Harris being included in combine interviews, but I think Florio is still thinking of this as Dan Snyder's Redskins with this article. 

I trust that the F.O. and staff that is in place are the ones doing the deciding and dislike that an article like this is circulating. 

51 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/washington-owner-josh-harris-is-more-involved-than-expected

Mike Florio still hates Washington. He is insinuating that Harris is dictating which QB to select and I truly do not believe that is the case. There was the report about Harris being included in combine interviews, but I think Florio is still thinking of this as Dan Snyder's Redskins with this article. 

I trust that the F.O. and staff that is in place are the ones doing the deciding and dislike that an article like this is circulating. 

This is quite the stretch lol. He's basically guessing and then posting as fact. 

Schefter got a little heated today with Pat MacAfee. Saying he never said Daniels was a lock and the jersey comment was taken out of context. I have no clue how it could’ve been but he’s scrambling better than Jayden Daniels at the moment…

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Schefter got a little heated today with Pat MacAfee. Saying he never said Daniels was a lock and the jersey comment was taken out of context. I have no clue how it could’ve been but he’s scrambling better than Jayden Daniels at the moment…

Nothing to take out of context lol. He tells them they can go get their Jayden Daniels jersies. Even if they pick Daniels, this is another good example of people in media saying definitive things without knowing anything. Even someone as good as Schefter is prone to talking out his butt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I would have a few choice words but can’t on here. Him and Peter King are 2 of the biggest haters of this franchise. 

Snyder deserved it, but no clue why the stigma has remained. 

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s not my intention to post as you call it ‘fake stuff’. My posts consist of information that I trust is factual and some is opinion based. My posts are usually from known and verified accounts but I can’t verify any information with a 100% certainty. 

I just wasn't sure if you were messing with us because that seemed outlandish for a prospect who I thought was classy to do.  

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Well Harris did interview them at the combine.  Then apparently he was involved in the top 30 visit with them.

Snyder would have never done that.  Snyder would have just watched Daniels highlights and told the football people to pick him.

Harris is way more involved on the football side than I want.  I don't want Quinn or Tavita or Kingsbury picking qb, I want Peters to do it.  I certainly don't want Harris involved at all.  Go get the stadium, stay out of the way of the football people you hired to do football stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Source: Trust Me Bro

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

What did he say this time?

I mean I’m just saying in general. Honestly let’s just be real. Some people don’t thrive around competition and some people welcome it. Wentz showed flashes and yet cared about where he was leading the team not where his team ended. If these things are coming out because he isn’t handling not having alone time on a visit I mean let’s be honest.

hopefully this reference makes sense. I appologize ahead if it doesn’t. The commanders are single right now and invited a group out. If the hottest one was upset that other girls who maybe even aren’t as attractive as the one you want were there and your not together what does that say moving forward how things will be?

I personally thought the group setting was ideal and very smart. Some people welcome challenges. Some people need everything to be perfect to thrive. Some people make things better than they are because that’s who they are. We saw Jayden be okay for 4 different groups. And when it came time to hunker down for the money he became ideal. We’ve seen that song and dance. He’s 6 months younger than Penix who everyone is saying is too old to go round one. All I’m saying is if being in a group of guys bothers him then what’s he gonna do when the team isn’t doing everything the way he sees fit?

We’ve had this so many times I’m just saying it could be nothing and more media play but if his agent is throwing things out there he didn’t agree with they wouldn’t keep coming out. Get the person who wants to come here and be great!!! This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Pick whichever player is going to be greatful for it who you believe is going to give you their all through the good and bad. again this is why I love JJ. That boy wants to win that’s truely what he cares about and you saw it. Not comping to this but just hear me out. How many more players had more talent than Tom Brady in his era? This isn’t about just JJ because I believe Drake would put in the work as well. As I believe Penix or anyone else logically would. Take the player who cares more about winning than they care about themselves. Football is a team game and I’ve seen offenses not block for a ton of huge talents. There’s a lot more that goes into it then individual accolades. Winning is the ultimate accolade!!! Get the guy idc what the name on the back says come Thursday. Get the guy who cares about the other 52 guys winning as much as he cares about himself

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1