The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I personally thought the group setting was ideal and very smart.

I'll be honest, when I read they were doing this group visit I thought it was super odd.  Hard not to think they wasted valuable one on one time to evaluate a prospect, like interrogating them in a film room.  You only get so many visits.  Sure it makes sense if you have endless time with prospects but one on one time should be coveted.

However, then I read these posts from @ARTMONK HOF about Daniels throwing a hissy fit about it and was thinking hmmm maybe I was wrong and it was a brilliant idea, they did learn something.  I am still torn on it.

Just when you think you know what is going to happen, the draft throws a curve ball.  Of course we will see if they act on what they learned.  Hard for me to think they would spend #2 on a guy who is wishy washy about being drafted by them.

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

I'll be honest, when I read they were doing this group visit I thought it was super odd.  Hard not to think they wasted valuable one on one time to evaluate a prospect, like interrogating them in a film room.  You only get so many visits.  Sure it makes sense if you have endless time with prospects but one on one time should be coveted.

However, then I read these posts from @ARTMONK HOF about Daniels throwing a hissy fit about it and was thinking hmmm maybe I was wrong and it was a brilliant idea, they did learn something.  I am still torn on it.

Just when you think you know what is going to happen, the draft throws a curve ball.  Of course we will see if they act on what they learned.  Hard for me to think they would spend #2 on a guy who is wishy washy about being drafted by them.

See I loved it because you can script one on ones. People can’t hide in group settings because your true personality comes out in responses body language and it’s really cool to have people around others who are all pushing for the same things. People that are confident will embrace it and people that feel threatened tend to not feel as confident. 
I’ll be the first to admit if you just watch Jayden live from the TV view and that’s it you’ll probably consider him the best player. But when you all 22 and watch him bail with a WR coming open and then watch him take a hit when there was a 15 yard timing play coming open and that’s a chain moving throw there are real concerns. And that’s not to bash him I just don’t think he’s the best thing long term for this team. And I could absolutely be wrong. But I’d bet on the raw traits. And I actually think JJ and Maye have a under appreciated skillsets

On 4/17/2024 at 9:14 PM, TOUCAN said:

Whats baffling about this to me is that every analyst says "Jayden may be better right away, but Maye likely will be better in the future" and they're making this a selection for us for 1-2 years.

I know we all want to win, but I think taking the time to develop someone like Maye, who is the prototype, who has all the traits and features you would want in a guy for the future makes this better to me. I'm no analyst or scout, but why raise the floor for 2 years when you can raise the ceiling for 15?

Yep, I've been saying this a lot on the socials.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As good as these QB’s are if you can rob Vegas blind you do it!!! Because he could get mauled over week 3 and finish with the top pick. Then they have no picks to build around him in the future. You could essentially have top 5 picks for the next 2 seasons plus your natural selections. I know it’s a risk it’s a long way to move but if you get 3 1’s and 2 or 3 2’s yeah I’d make the trade. But personally he isn’t the guy I’d pick anyways so I guess that’s why

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I still think it’s Daniels. Just going to have to talk myself into this one. Basically what I had to do with our last three first round picks. 

I’ll wait until I see what DJ puts in his mock the day before I put any stock in a report about the draft

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The fact they have to “talk things out” with a QB prospect that nobody cared about after 4 years of football and 40+ starts is hilarious to me. If he doesn’t want to come here just take Maye or McCarthy. I’d much rather have Daniels than McCarthy but I’d also much rather have a McCarthy that wants to be here over a dude that has to be talked into wanting to be here. 

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

As good as these QB’s are if you can rob Vegas blind you do it!!! Because he could get mauled over week 3 and finish with the top pick. Then they have no picks to build around him in the future. You could essentially have top 5 picks for the next 2 seasons plus your natural selections. I know it’s a risk it’s a long way to move but if you get 3 1’s and 2 or 3 2’s yeah I’d make the trade. But personally he isn’t the guy I’d pick anyways so I guess that’s why

On NFL LIVE yesterday

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4209 said:

On NFL LIVE yesterday

That’s one hell of a drop for so little in return. Essentially two firsts and a second to drop to 13 and miss out on almost all of the elite talent in this draft. That’s just an insanely bad value deal for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

That’s one hell of a drop for so little in return. Essentially two firsts and a second to drop to 13 and miss out on almost all of the elite talent in this draft. That’s just an insanely bad value deal for us. 

Yes I know I just posted it for @ripsean21 just to give him idea what Yates asking price. To me picking at #2 in drafts don't come around that often. You know who I want and I need more than what Yates is suggesting.