The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

There are a few... maybe even just one... potential... scenario that they trade down. 

Hide contents

Maybe with the Patriots if they feel strongly enough about Maye/Daniels.

That’s because he hasn’t seen the phone call with 3 1’s and 3 2’s

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
35 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s because he hasn’t seen the phone call with 3 1’s and 3 2’s

That's because I don't think he's getting that call. 

I agree with both of you. I think that is the call that would get them to consider it and I also agree that call isn't coming. 

I've been prepared for a QB at 2 since they traded Sam Howell and left us with only Mariota as an option. One could even say I highly encourage them to ensure Mariota never sees the field by taking the most ready QB at 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we’ve established there will only be one happy poster here with JJ 🤣🤣🤣

2 if you count me because I'm a JJ truther

• Like 2

Here’s what I feel the need to say about the top QBs in this draft. I’m actually impressed with all of the top guys.

If we had the 3rd pick, I’d be okay with Daniels if Caleb/Maye were gone. A little disappointed, but also excited because he’d be the best guy left on the board and there’s genuinely a good amount of reason to be hopeful.

And if were any of these teams like NYG, MIN, DEN, LVR? I’d be thrilled to get McCarthy, even if I had to trade up some for him. Because I think he’s got a real chance to be good too. Big gamble, big big gamble, but if you’re stuck in purgatory like those groups mostly are — it’s a gamble that could come up JACKPOT for you. 

The part that will bug me isn’t that I think Jayden is a sure bust or JJ is a total joke. I think they’ve all got a shot. I just think they’ll have chosen wrong, and I’ll have trouble shaking the feeling that I think they valued the wrong thing (namely, “readiness to play now”).

On 4/16/2024 at 10:33 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO I think KK and Tavita will have more say in the QB choice than most people think. DM has played in the Air Raid system with Longo, not to say JD can’t. Tavita’s input on how DM’s flaws can be corrected will be a big deal.
Both QB’s have their own short comings but The readiness of JD to play ahead of DM seems to be the one constant issue you hear pretty much everywhere. 
With all the players they acquired, I have to believe they feel it’s a good start with a ways to go. I’m thinking DM can improve as the team grows especially if they feel his ceiling is higher than JD. I know the NFL is a win now business but JH said it will take time and patience to do it right.

Im hoping it’s DM. 

This guy has the same outlook as myself as far as we probably will compete the first year and not contend which gives DM a year under his belt to work on and out things to be  a better QB. 
With this thinking DM could be the pick. 
Im still trying for you @lavar703 @e16bball  

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This guy has the same outlook as myself as far as we probably will compete the first year and not contend which gives DM a year under his belt to work on and out things to be  a better QB. 

Aww man, now that I know Mark likes Maye too I might start leaning to Jayden lol

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Darn it - I've been in the Drake camp too!!!