The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

I think they're doing things professionally and I already know Snyder would've either gave up every draft pick we had for the next three years plus Payne and Cosmi to get Williams but if he couldn't Daniels would've shown up on Redskins one with a jersey already made and a picture around the super bowl trophies. I think they should've done the meet ups separately but at the same time if one of these guys can't handle that situation maybe they aren't the guy for the job?

10 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116920-nfl-draft-rumors-commanders-still-get-trade-calls-amid-jayden-daniels-maye-buzz

@MKnight82 still getting trade calls. No clue what they do with it, but at the very least the rest of the league thinks its worth making the call still.

I hope we get a deal, we can't refuse. I'm still predicting a trade down.

Besides...I want Bo Nix. That's the QB I've decided I want. 

Trade down...for a haul.

Take Bo Nix with our 2nd rd pick.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Pretty good take 

Here’s the part that got my ears to perk up: when he was talking about SF having one of the best locker rooms in the league. 

I have been able to bear witness to the renaissance of the Orioles over the last 5 years, and while (rightly) the focus is on everything they’ve done to draft and develop these young hitting prospects, the part that I think is going very much under the radar is the quality and character of these kids. And of the veterans they’ve kept in place to help establish a culture. Every single one of these players talks about how much they enjoy coming to the park, how fun it is to be “part of this,” how much they love being around “these guys.”

It’s an intangible thing, but the fact is that the team pretty much has not stopped winning — save for 3 damn days in October — since Adley Rutschman (who I give a lot of credit for being the ringleader) came up. They’re #1 in the AL, they steamroll spring training, they’re back at the top of the league again so far. Despite not being as good on paper as some other groups. It’s remarkable.

I say all that because I mentioned when they hired Eugene that I hope they’re going to do some of what I believe the Orioles have done — making personality, group dynamics, etc. part of their player valuation modeling. If this Top Golf and group dinner “mixer” is part of that process, either formally or informally, I’m all for it. It would be huge if we can bottle what SF apparently has, in terms of a cohesive and positive locker room environment. I think that’s an area where Quinn is probably a huge asset.