The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

19 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I think if we pick 4th which is most likely outcome and top 3 go QB QB WR we prob end up picking in the 7-11 range via trade back for someone moving up for Jayden Daniels and we end up with a OT or Bowers

Could be. I’d rather take Fashanu at 4 but I wouldn’t hate it if we traded back for another few picks and get Alt or Bowers at 6 or 7. It is risky though to move back too far and then miss on Fashanu, Bowers & Alt.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Could be. I’d rather take Fashanu at 4 but I wouldn’t hate it if we traded back for another few picks and get Alt or Bowers at 6 or 7. It is risky though to move back too far and then miss on Fashanu, Bowers & Alt.

I don’t think it would be that risky considering the WR and DE talent that are sure to be there in that range. 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t think it would be that risky considering the WR and DE talent that are sure to be there in that range. 

Isn’t MHJ the only WR worth taking in the top 5? IMO he is and I think Harrison is a top 3 pick; he may go #1 if the Bears keep the pick.

It is true about DE. 

Daniel’s throws with no effort. He has a very narrow build and wonder if would hold up in the NFL. Gain 10-15 lbs of muscle would help him a lot. Was watching some videos of him and Nabers connecting on many throws. Nabers as @MKnight82 mentioned looked really good and explosive. 
What direction are they going to go, OT, WR, trade down, it’s the unknown on GM/HC and their approach that has me so curious. I love football but wish the season was over and we were at the point of this rebranding and rebuilding. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Isn’t MHJ the only WR worth taking in the top 5? IMO he is and I think Harrison is a top 3 pick; he may go #1 if the Bears keep the pick.

It is true about DE. 

Some great ones later.  I like Coleman.

If someone wants a qb, the trade down option could be big for us.

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Some great ones later.  I like Coleman.

If someone wants a qb, the trade down option could be big for us.

I like Coleman too. Like MHJ he’s a big WR which is something we really haven’t had since Monk & Westbrook but he always got hurt. 

He’ll go around 10 to the low teens I think.

Sometimes this fanbase really is kinda dumb. Not here but in general. Reading some other places and there's suggestions of drafting a QB in the first round and then trading Sam for a first round pick. Now, if you think Sam is worth a first round pick why would you trade him? And if you think he's worth a first round pick, why would you pick another QB in the first round? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sometimes this fanbase really is kinda dumb. Not here but in general. Reading some other places and there's suggestions of drafting a QB in the first round and then trading Sam for a first round pick. Now, if you think Sam is worth a first round pick why would you trade him? And if you think he's worth a first round pick, why would you pick another QB in the first round? 

Yeah umm… what? 😂 some twitter people are ridiculous. Sam wouldn’t go for a 1st round pick. 

Totally agree he won’t be traded even if we draft a QB in the top 10. 

I keep telling these people even if we draft a QB R1 it’s hard to envision them starting over Howell at least to start next season based on the poise and flashes of promise he’s shown this year in his first year starting.

People don’t want to hear it but we’ve seen worse QBs start over rookies for most of a season so, why wouldn’t Howell start next year as well?

🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think I could argue it if I had the time lol. 4+ controlled years with a QB a new coach and GM is high on and then another 1st rounder to fill out around him. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I like Coleman too. Like MHJ he’s a big WR which is something we really haven’t had since Monk & Westbrook but he always got hurt. 

He’ll go around 10 to the low teens I think.

Yeah, I think Odunze will be 2nd if you trust the pundits.  Then a lot of possibilities for the next few.  I like Odunze but I think he is too one dimensional.  I like Coleman better.  I want a bigger guy too, although I don't need a giant, I more want a bully.  Although that is hard to read from college play.  Later in draft I like legette and johnson

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I could argue it if I had the time lol. 4+ controlled years with a QB a new coach and GM is high on and then another 1st rounder to fill out around him. 

But if you think you already have a 23-year old stud QB who's worth a first round pick, why would you throw that away for another lottery ticket?

• Like 1