The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

A little while ago, Tee Higgins made the kind of play that we haven’t seen a Redskins receiver make in something approaching decades, I’d imagine. Just physically superior to the DB, refused to be denied.

I’m not fully sold on giving more huge money to a WR, but aside from the pass-rushers (many of whom will likely get tagged), he has to be one of the best pure talents out there in FA this offseason that might be a fit with us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

A little while ago, Tee Higgins made the kind of play that we haven’t seen a Redskins receiver make in something approaching decades, I’d imagine. Just physically superior to the DB, refused to be denied.

I’m not fully sold on giving more huge money to a WR, but aside from the pass-rushers (many of whom will likely get tagged), he has to be one of the best pure talents out there in FA this offseason that might be a fit with us.

Yep. I said a few weeks back I’d do what it takes to get him. Paying him gives you the option to move back for a haul if MHJ is there. ORRRRRRR it gives you an opportunity to move Terry for a pick and take MHJ and pair him with Higgins lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I was looking up what would be an average for him and I saw approximately 16-17m.

We have the cap space this coming year and you can’t fill every need through the draft

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was looking up what would be an average for him and I saw approximately 16-17m.

We have the cap space this coming year and you can’t fill every need through the draft

Absolutely agree with the bolded. 

And one thing that is abundantly clear in recent years is that high-end OL do not frequently change teams. Occasionally they do, usually when the team moving them is inept (*ahem* Trent Williams *ahem* Brandon Scherff), but the FA market is usually pretty devoid of high quality starters — and it definitely seems that way this year. And beyond that, it seems like non-elite OL frequently have trouble changing teams and schemes.

WR is one of those positions where you do more frequently see players change teams and still continue to excel. If they’re inclined to spend, they could do worse than Higgins.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Man we really messed up "beating" New England and Atlanta. We could have had a legitimate shot at the #1 pick. 

Everyone tells me I'm not a true fan when I point these things out. But it's true. In a lost season, every win is counterproductive.

On 12/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, lavar703 said:

Yep. I said a few weeks back I’d do what it takes to get him. Paying him gives you the option to move back for a haul if MHJ is there. ORRRRRRR it gives you an opportunity to move Terry for a pick and take MHJ and pair him with Higgins lol

Yep, you're idea grew on my over the last month. I think you first said we should sign Tee Higgins back in Oct. 

My only thing is, short of making Tee Higgins one of the highest-paid WRs in the NFL I’m not sure why he'd come to a team with a huge question mark at QB. I want Howell to be the guy as much as anyone but based on this last month we just can't believe he will be. He may still develop as Kirk did in his 2nd & 3rd years starting but no top FA WR can look at Sam or a rookie starting and think yeah, that's where in want to go!

It's going to be hard to lock up Tee Higgins, just as it was hard to convince Amari Cooper to leave the Cowboys in 2020 to come here when we aren't sure of our answer at QB. 

This team has taken the best years of my life for a game I absolutely love playing still and watching and made it too where I can’t even watch NFL anymore 🤣🤣🤣 I would love to see us pick a few local boys Fashonu grew up right down the road from me and Chop Robinson is a beast but no player can fix this team. I think the only thing that can is a miracle and when you follow this team on social media I don’t know if I can say our fanbase deserves it anymore because they are pretty dumb. This is the only place I can come to for intelligent Washington football talk because our fanbase is clueless 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Every tells me I'm not a true fan when I point these things out. But it's true. In a lost season, every win is counterproductive.

The difference is back in Oct we legitimately were in the playoff discussion. When we're in the playoff discussion in Oct, I’m good with winning. When Nov/Dec rolls around and we can't win then the tank should be on bc every win means worse draft position. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This team has taken the best years of my life for a game I absolutely love playing still and watching and made it too where I can’t even watch NFL anymore 🤣🤣🤣 I would love to see us pick a few local boys Fashonu grew up right down the road from me and Chop Robinson is a beast but no player can fix this team. I think the only thing that can is a miracle and when you follow this team on social media I don’t know if I can say our fanbase deserves it anymore because they are pretty dumb. This is the only place I can come to for intelligent Washington football talk because our fanbase is clueless 

All we can hope is that Harris & Co. pick the right GM next month who picks the right coach & together they rebuild this thing in the way Bethard, Casserly, Gibbs & Pettibone did in the 80s.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I like reading on Hogs Haven and ES. The subreddit is a disaster lol. But this is my go-to and always will be. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

All we can hope is that Harris & Co. pick the right GM next month who picks the right coach & together they rebuild this thing in the way Bethard, Casserly, Gibbs & Pettibone did in the 80s.

I hope!!! I will say though these last two years my hunting and hiking and camping production have been way up with this team sucking I’m way more productive cause I just hate giving my time too this team

This week has a chance to be really bad for our draft standings. If we beat the NY Jets, we will fall to at least 6. We would have to hope that Chicago beats Arizona and NY Giants beat Philly to prevent that from happening. (We would still fall to #5)

On the flip side, if we lose, we should be actively hoping for an Arizona win, as that would give us the #3 pick. 

I have little doubt we get drubbed by the 9ers and the Cowboys, but this upcoming week is the most important. We HAVE to lose to the Jets. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1