The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

10 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. But here was the trade for the #3 last year (Texans and Cardinals) translated to a trade to a trade for #3 this year...

SAINTS RECEIVE:
Round 1, 2024: No. 3 
Round 4, 2024: No. 104

COMMANDERS RECEIVE:
Round 1, 2024: No. 12 
Round 2, 2024: No. 45 (was 33 for last year's trade so I think I'll toss in another pick)
Round 5, 2024: No. 147 (the extra pick)

Round 1, 2025
Round 3, 2025

That would be 6 picks in the top 67 (I moved up two slots in my mock to 65) this year... 2 first round, a second, and 2 third round picks next year. I'm sticking with Howell and stocking up this roster via a trade like that. If Howell doesn't work out, you have really nice ammo to move up and get your QB, big nasties in front of him, and depth via the draft and free agency at most all positions. 

Here's a mock for Ss and giggles... I overdid it on the offensive line. So, realistically, you add two OL via FA and draft two. So swap out on of these picks for another position of need. 

1.png

Why would the Saints trade up for a QB? They have Derek Carr. I don't see it.

I also don't see a new regime in DC trading back 9 spots in the draft and passing on one of the top 3 QBs. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why would the Saints trade up for a QB? They have Derek Carr. I don't see it.

I also don't see a new regime in DC trading back 9 spots in the draft and passing on one of the top 3 QBs. 

They wouldn't. In this run and fun era of mock draft simulators, the simulator trades are never realistic. The best predictor of the future (in terms of the trade value of a #3 pick) is the past. That's all this is showing... a comparable trade. 

• Like 1

I was rolling with Sam all year long, and I still think he can have a serviceable backup career but he’s not gonna be our guy. And that’s fine.

I am packaging up to get Williams frankly. I think it’s a good idea for the need of getting a franchise QB, he’s local, and this will sell tickets. Let’s not forget this is still a business and local guys gain local interest.

If you want to stand pat though, I’d take Daniels over Maye. I personally think you can build the line in later portions of the draft and FA, but, after these top 3 guys there’s a pretty large drop off to the next guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The disappointment I would feel if this team took Jayden Daniels over Maye or MHJ would probably stamp out any hope I have for its future. 

Honestly if we don't lock down LT, I would feel the same way. 

At this point, I'm kinda numb to everything. I'm just ready to have Black Monday happen, then see what they do and judge the new regime from then on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I think I’m in the Marvin Harrison Jr. camp if we end up at 3, the Penn State OT if we’re at 4. I honestly have no interest in trading down. 

Depending what the Bears decide, I actually have more interest in moving up to 1, then trading down 

It’d take 2 1sts for sure to move even from 3 to 1 I think this time around. Next years QB class SUUUUCKS. If we don’t make an conscious effort this year, then we just are not going to to have it solved even in this next head coaching regime.

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I think I’m in the Marvin Harrison Jr. camp if we end up at 3, the Penn State OT if we’re at 4. I honestly have no interest in trading down. 

Depending what the Bears decide, I actually have more interest in moving up to 1, then trading down 

It's a tough decision, I'm honestly open to anything in that top 3 except Jayden Daniels. I just am not sold on that guy.

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

Unfortunately I don’t see Marvin Harrison passing the cardinals. We will likely be in position for Williams or Maye if we stay at #3.

I think that would be a great result.  We are likely getting a qb and if we can pick one of the top 2 qbs, it would be much better if we did not have to trade up for them.

The question I have with the cardinals is if they ransom the pick.  I think they will get kingly offers.