Deshaun Watson

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And look, if we want to talk about Watson and the trade we have to do so in context.

Our options were as follows; 

Baker.  Like, idk man.  I know we have some truthers here and I’d have rather kept Baker than traded for therapist as I’ve said repeatedly but it has nothing to do with football.  Baker is not a championship quality QB imo.

It's also Baker at 35-40 million. 

He might be leading the division in Tampa but he is mediocre.

Nasty man. You take the swing for the fences on a guy who without the off the field stuff never becomes available.  It’s full of risk obviously.

Draft a dude.  We weren’t gonna be bad enough to get a top prospect, we’d have had to package most of the Deshaun picks to move up. At that point you’re highly invested in an absolute unknown, although you aren’t married to the player.

We get Mac Jones, I looked it up. He would be solid. Better than Watson but not a great wb.

Sign a vet like Jimmy G or Carr.  See Mayfield, Baker.

Like, at some point even the detractors have to acknowledge there’s no easy way to get a franchise QB if you don’t have one.  They took a shot, it’s not looking great right now, but it wasn’t like they had a ton of other fantastic options.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's also Baker at 35-40 million. 

well last year would hav been 18 and then who knows.  But yeah, if you wanted to sign him long term it’s a 25+ million a year deal.

He might be leading the division in Tampa but he is mediocre.

he’s been a part of 4 organizations over the last 18 months or whatever.  He’s not a difference maker.

We get Mac Jones, I looked it up. He would be solid. Better than Watson but not a great wb.

Mac has been benched for Bailey Zappe this year.  He may get cut sooner than later.  

2 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

We've seen Baker in Stefs system and its considerably better than Watson, also we'd have 3 more first round picks, and about 30m more in cap space per year. 

Baker's inconsistency was absolutely infuriating...but I lean towards him, a more reasonable salary, and the 3 first rounders at this point over creepy leshaun

Somebody already said it, but we need to be making calls yesterday about bringing Jacoby Brissett back. If Washington isn’t interested, that’s fine, but it’s well worth a mid to late round draft pick if that’s what it takes. If we are trying to be serious about winning, have to do something here.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Bills were picking top 10 when they picked Allen and KC had a good QB in Smith, but knew he wasn't a long-term answer.

Of course you can get a great QB outside the top 5-10, but there's certainly more misses than hits.

To be clear, you don’t think 3 firsts would have slowed them to move into the top spot range?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

To be clear, you don’t think 3 firsts would have slowed them to move into the top spot range?

I think it can, obviously.

That said, even a top 3 pick can land you the 3rd QB taken a la Lance.

At that point it’s a huge investment in a guy who’s shown no ability at all to play in the NFL, a complete unknown.

Still more cap/financial flexibility than with the pervert though.

• Like 1

I make of point of not buying into internet drama and manufactured nonsense from the media, etc., but this situation with Watson is weird to say the least.

Seems like (based on the post game interview) the concussion stuff was from the medical crew observing the game, not Watson.  His issue was the shoulder it seems.

Some of his quotes were just.. odd.  Maybe it’s just a matter of being cagey and noncommittal or whatever, but things just seem off imo. 

Stefasnki saying he “just wanted to protect” him is equally odd.  Like, if he just had a contusion that has healed enough at this point that he was able to play, what happened on one hit to change that? And sure, he took a hit but it wasn’t an absurd hit and it was ONE.  

IDK, maybe I’m just making sht up, but something seems….. unusual.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I make of point of not buying into internet drama and manufactured nonsense from the media, etc., but this situation with Watson is weird to say the least.

Yep.

Seems like (based on the post game interview) the concussion stuff was from the medical crew observing the game, not Watson.  His issue was the shoulder it seems.

Some of his quotes were just.. odd.  Maybe it’s just a matter of being cagey and noncommittal or whatever, but things just seem off imo. 

Apparently he has always been an awkward interview. So his obscure is normal for him.

Stefasnki saying he “just wanted to protect” him is equally odd.  Like, if he just had a contusion that has healed enough at this point that he was able to play, what happened on one hit to change that? And sure, he took a hit but it wasn’t an absurd hit and it was ONE.  

IDK, maybe I’m just making sht up, but something seems….. unusual.

I'm on team Stef 100% but I hate how he handled it. Myles playing with strapped shoulder. 

Kareem bulldozing with a bad leg. 

Bitonio just had his knee done. 

Moore is taking hard hits.

Cooper still playing hard. 

Watson gets the most money and if he can play he should gut it out. 

I think Steph prefers PJ. We ran the Stefanski offense with him, more than the ****ty spread offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yep.

Apparently he has always been an awkward interview. So his obscure is normal for him.

I'm on team Stef 100% but I hate how he handled it. Myles playing with strapped shoulder. 

I think that’s just rocktape

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kareem bulldozing with a bad leg. 

Bitonio just had his knee done. 

Moore is taking hard hits.

Cooper still playing hard. 

Watson gets the most money and if he can play he should gut it out. 

I think Steph prefers PJ. We ran the Stefanski offense with him, more than the ****ty spread offense.

Yeah there comes a point where you’d like to see him play through this and maybe adjust his game a bit. Like, just take the dump offs and be quick at getting rid of the ball.  Stop yoloing passes and looking for huge plays. At least right now. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it can, obviously.

That said, even a top 3 pick can land you the 3rd QB taken a la Lance.

At that point it’s a huge investment in a guy who’s shown no ability at all to play in the NFL, a complete unknown.

Still more cap/financial flexibility than with the pervert though.

It’s an unknown but one with an expiration date and much less cap issues.

Everyone assumed Watson was a “known” asset and he’s been unplayable.

Wed have been better off drafting Lance who is arguably the same guy as Watson has been and then cutting bait.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s an unknown but one with an expiration date and much less cap issues.

Everyone assumed Watson was a “known” asset and he’s been unplayable.

Wed have been better off drafting Lance who is arguably the same guy as Watson has been and then cutting bait.

Maybe I’m just in shock or whatever but I refuse to believe this is what Watson is.

Maybe he never plays at that 2020 level again, but it’s inconceivable he’s not a competent starter. Like, “good” Baker or better.

Right?

Right???

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe I’m just in shock or whatever but I refuse to believe this is what Watson is.

Maybe he never plays at that 2020 level again, but it’s inconceivable he’s not a competent starter. Like, “good” Baker or better.

Right?

Right???

clothing

• Like 3