Deshaun Watson

Mr Watson has a career record of .500.  Thirteen teams passed on him in the draft for a reason.  He is a convicted felon and a history of making bad decisions in college, the pros, and life.  He cannot make quick decisions and has demonstrated his inability to read coverages and throwing his receivers open.  His stats at Houston were decent because his team was losing and opponents would have soft coverages.  Whoever made the mistake of trading for him has to be held accountable as does Stefanski for not coaching him up.  He is not elite.  The game against Pittsburgh solidifies many weaknesses such as fumble for a pick six, throwing a pick six, six sacks, .550 completion rate, carrying the ball with one hand, two face masks penalties, and numerous times he double clutched.  I just do not understand the Browns brain trust with this decision and have hated the trade since the beginning.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, #32 said:

Mr Watson has a career record of .500.  

record is an individual stat now huh?  Ok Mike.

Thirteen teams passed on him in the draft for a reason.  

good point.  Although, didn’t 32 teams pass on Tom Brady at least 5 times?

He is a convicted felon

Try again.

and a history of making bad decisions in college, the pros, and life.  He cannot make quick decisions and has demonstrated his inability to read coverages and throwing his receivers open.  His stats at Houston were decent because his team was losing and opponents would have soft coverages.  Whoever made the mistake of trading for him has to be held accountable as does Stefanski for not coaching him up.  He is not elite.  The game against Pittsburgh solidifies many weaknesses such as fumble for a pick six, throwing a pick six, six sacks, .550 completion rate, carrying the ball with one hand, two face masks penalties, and numerous times he double clutched.  I just do not understand the Browns brain trust with this decision and have hated the trade since the beginning.

Thank you for creating a new thread to yell at the clouds grandpa.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, #32 said:

Whoever made the mistake of trading for him has to be held accountable as does Stefanski for not coaching him up.

If Watson is as irredeemably bad of a QB as you say he is, how can you fire Stefanski for not coaching him up: failure to be a miracle worker?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We don’t for certain but it definitely looks like it could be, name of the account is his hometown.

it’s a town of 42k people lol.  

11 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Definatley could just be a fan trying to defend him but doesn’t feel like that

A fan, a friend, a family member….

One loss.  One loss into the season and we’ve got full fledged conspiracies.  🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

He just needs more time 

we’re still early into this book of Deshaun’s time here. 

I think he’ll be fine. It’s been two weeks and we just lost Chubb. The entire team was shook when that happened. 

Let’s revisit this week 10 and see how things look. If he looks this bad by then than we’ve got a problem. 

I think it’ll improve significantly. 

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Trading for Watson has jimmys finger prints all over it. And I don’t blame him a bit. How many times do you have an opportunity to acquire an all pro level qb in his mid 20s? I’d blame Stefanski for his BS play calling and lack of actual coaching. 

I 100% blame Jimmy Haslem for giving $250 million guaranteed to a guy who quit on his team, got accused of sexual assault by 30 women, and hasn't shown he can do the job you're asking him to do for 2 years.

Btw he didn't even want to come here except we were the only team crazy (stupid?) enough to give him that money without any contingency on how he would actually perform. 

The smartest thing Jimmy Haslem has ever done is not fire Kevin Stefanski after 3 years, and that's not even a big brain decision, that's just a testament to what an imbecile he is. 

Edited by Rod Johnson

I sort of get it why Haslem did it. Do we forget the QB play and the state of this franchise since 1999? It was a desperation move after years of failure and numerous attempts to draft/develop a QB and he was willing to put his reputation (and wallet) on the line to try to solve the problem. In a small way I sort of applaud for having the stones to do whatever it took even with the semi-truck of backlash and negative publicity coming right at him. its just time for Watson to repay him by playing at a pro bowl level.

Hes playing timid right now, but lets see what this looks like after the bye week and a few more games under the belt before bringing out the pick forks.

Also remember that no matter how good or bad.....4 more years. We are 8 games into his 74 game guaranteed tenure with the Browns.

*Disclaimer: This post is strictly speaking from a football prospective  and your good friends at Mr. Hero

Edited by AkronsWitness