Deshaun Watson

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Also, how is he going to demand respect from Deshaun at all? The FO gutted most of his leverage in that relationship.

Yup exactly. Guaranteed money regardless and it's coming for 4 years. And he's already making a bunch of excuses chalking it up to "miscommunication" already, he's subtly throwing other players and the coaching staff under the bus and totally punting any and all responsibility.

Was miscommunication to blame for his 4th down fumble he lost?

Or the strip sack fumble he lost for a TD?

The first INT, okay maybe...but the rest of his miserable performance? Get out of here with that nonsense Watson.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If “this is your job, this is how we expect it to be done, and these are the consequences for not doing so” doesn’t work, the issue isn’t leadership.  You’ve brought in morons.

Time will tell, but Jim Schwartz could be a perfect example of what I’m referring to.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Neither was the strip sack TD. That was on Jed Wills who allowed a free rusher to his QBs blindside. 

I mean, yeah and no. That is on the LT to a degree but ball security especially in that situation is on the quarterback. 

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I bet Watson would kill to have Bill O'Brien right about now

Way too many clips of Watson not hitting wide open receivers, committing multiple face mask penalties, turnovers, etc for me to remotely give a damn what he’d like.  

If he wanted BOB he could have not requested a trade and not signed the deal here.  But he he did. So now go earn that money.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

After watching the Quincy Carrier film breakdown for Watson I would say you can come away with a few things  

1. He missed multiple easy throws to either move the chains or gain positive yards

2. He was bailing out of the pocket instead of stepping up and making a play. 
3. Teller had a bad game and gave up a few plays that created issues up the middle.

4. Watson was late on throws and needs to anticipate the throws not wait for it to be open

5. He could have easily won that game with not turning the ball over.

Edited by JDD
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JDD said:

After watching the Quincy Carrier film breakdown for Watson I would say you can come away with a few things  

1. He missed multiple easy throws to either move the chains or gain positive yards

2. He was bailing out of the pocket instead of stepping up and making a play. 
3. Teller had a bad game and gave up a few plays that created issues up the middle.

4. Watson was late on throws and needs to anticipate the throws not wait for it to be open

5. He could have easily won that game with not turning the ball over.

There was no recognition that they seem to be dialing up the pressure a bit and taking away the home run ball. I’m guessing there was all kinds of short and intermediate stuff to be had (I’m not gonna watch the coach’s tape to confirm).

Watson had to recognize what’s happening and take what’s given.  Especially when all you had to do at the end was make sure your team could punt the ball away on 4th down.

• Like 1