Deshaun Watson

If this 2023 team isn’t a playoff team or honestly a title contender then I don’t even know where to go forward from here. They set everything up for a run this season on paper. I’ve said it before but I think Kevin Stefanski is a great coach, but he and Watson are not a good blend. Obviously we are tied to Watson because of that contract. If it doesn’t work this season I think the only move is probably to bring in a hardass coach who is going to stay on top of Watson and at least try to get more out of him.

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Good or bad, he definitely has the organization by the balls. Guaranteed contract whether or not he plays well, plays poorly, or plays at all. The coaching staff and front office is going to either thrive, or go down with the ship. Personally, I don’t think he has the drive to reach that next level, I think he is content being what he is as a player and cashing giant paychecks here. I do hope I am wrong, but it is definitely a concern. 

titanic-its-been-a-privelage.gif

How Stefanski and our fans probably feel 

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592dhwahkhqt

You can see the front office scrambling in the background 

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

1200x1200bb.jpg

He refused an interview yesterday.

He has been medically cleared.

Those are indisputable FACTS.

The rest is reasonable frustration and conjecture. You’re free to disagree, but it’s not unreasonable to call him out.

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If this 2023 team isn’t a playoff team or honestly a title contender then I don’t even know where to go forward from here. They set everything up for a run this season on paper. I’ve said it before but I think Kevin Stefanski is a great coach, but he and Watson are not a good blend. Obviously we are tied to Watson because of that contract. If it doesn’t work this season I think the only move is probably to bring in a hardass coach who is going to stay on top of Watson and at least try to get more out of him.

There is no “where to go from here” until 2027 when his contract expires. No draft ammo and no salary cap room.

Nobody can hold him accountable short of a massive power struggle where he makes him an exempt or healthy inactive player and some other QB plays well.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He refused an interview yesterday.

He has been medically cleared.

what is the relevance of medically cleared?  Anyone with a soft tissue injury is medically cleared.  Players miss time with those all the time. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Those are indisputable FACTS.

indisputable and fairly irrelevant tbh.  At least the “medically cleared” part.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The rest is reasonable frustration and conjecture. You’re free to disagree, but it’s not unreasonable to call him out.

Call him out for not playing when he’s experiencing pain that impacts his ability to throw a ball?

What are we even doing here?!??

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

what is the relevance of medically cleared?  Anyone with a soft tissue injury is medically cleared.  Players miss time with those all the time. 

indisputable and fairly irrelevant tbh.  At least the “medically cleared” part.

Call him out for not playing when he’s experiencing pain that impacts his ability to throw a ball?

What are we even doing here?!??

I’ve never seen in my life people get so triggered by the phrase “medically cleared”!

Not just here but on another forum I read. 

• Like 1

I’m more mad at the Browns than anyone here. Worst investment of money/resources in NFL history with this trade and guaranteed contract. I will continue letting it out on leshaun though because I don’t like him, he’s getting paid enough to have thick skin for criticism, and also he hasn’t shown much here since we’ve traded for him. He’s done nothing to get the benefit from me up until this point, and I will gladly be proven wrong if he turns a corner here. Until then he’s going to continue getting my A+ heckling. Even if he does turn a corner I will continue to heckle him as a person. Personally, I’ve never tried to conceal my feelings here. This one is taking an obvious road towards coaches and front office losing their jobs. There’s urgency here. The defense is set up for immediate success and if they can get their star QB on the field playing like he’s expected then maybe my voice on this will be less loud. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m more mad at the Browns than anyone here. Worst investment of money/resources in NFL history with this trade and guaranteed contract. I will continue letting it out on leshaun though because I don’t like him, he’s getting paid enough to have thick skin for criticism, and also he hasn’t shown much here since we’ve traded for him. He’s done nothing to get the benefit from me up until this point, and I will gladly be proven wrong if he turns a corner here. Until then he’s going to continue getting my A+ heckling. Even if he does turn a corner I will continue to heckle him as a person. Personally, I’ve never tried to conceal my feelings here. This one is taking an obvious road towards coaches and front office losing their jobs. There’s urgency here. The defense is set up for immediate success and if they can get their star QB on the field playing like he’s expected then maybe my voice on this will be less loud. 

There’s a difference between not liking the guy because he’s a POS and pretending that you’re making a valid point about their health or ability because “medically cleared”.  (Not you specifically)

We’ve got a forum full of people who 2 years ago said Baker should have sat now criticizing the next guy for doing exactly that just because they feel a different way about him personally and feel the hypocrisy is justified because “well I don’t like him”.  

Folks can like him or not, idgaf, I don’t like him at all, but reasonable people can have conversations based on facts and not feelings.  Other can continue to rant to the heavens because they’re big mad, that’s their right, just like it’s other folk’s right to point out their absurdity.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1