Condemning HC, OC, DC, GM, and Woody.

JetsandI

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Who should we hire next? I am sure Saleh will be out the door soon. I want a offensive minded HC. But don't do it like last time with hiring a horrible offensive mind like Adam Gase. Hire a legit one. 

Todd Monken. 

9 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Who should we hire next? I am sure Saleh will be out the door soon. I want a offensive minded HC. But don't do it like last time with hiring a horrible offensive mind like Adam Gase. Hire a legit one. 

Joe Brady, Kliff Kingsburry, Josh McCown to name a few. 

My HC list in no order: Bobby Slowik, Brian Flores, Klint Kubiak, Kliff Kingsberry, Todd Monken, Joe Brady, Mike Vrabel, Ben Johnson and Al Harris are all guys who I’d think would be worth a shot. Are any one of them guaranteed to be the leader we need? Who really knows but I believe they’d be worth a shot. The one guy on my list that I do favor a bit more than the others would probably be Brian Flores personally, I think if he’s learned since leaving Miami and working with Mike Tomlin and being under and Offensive guy like KOC I feel like he’d be worth the gamble

13 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

My HC list in no order: Bobby Slowik, Brian Flores, Klint Kubiak, Kliff Kingsberry, Todd Monken, Joe Brady, Mike Vrabel, Ben Johnson and Al Harris are all guys who I’d think would be worth a shot. Are any one of them guaranteed to be the leader we need? Who really knows but I believe they’d be worth a shot. The one guy on my list that I do favor a bit more than the others would probably be Brian Flores personally, I think if he’s learned since leaving Miami and working with Mike Tomlin and being under and Offensive guy like KOC I feel like he’d be worth the gamble

Hiring a defensive HC always put you behind the 8-ball because good DCs are always available but good OCs get stolen quickly or are already locked up in HC gigs.

• Like 2

Bobby Slowik, Ben Johnson, and Kliff Kingsbury seem like good choices. All smart offensive coaches. 

Kliff Kingsbury may be one of those guys who does better round 2. He is a brilliant offensive mind. He has that Commanders offense scoring at will with a rookie QB. 

Our offense has some talented players but we have legit the worst coaching in the league. Only the Jets would hire Adam Gase then hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC. Why do we have to suffer with the absolute worst coaches?  Hackett and Keith Carter are so bad. 

Our offense is too predictable and simple. THat is why everyone knows what we will do before we do it. 

• Like 2

If Rodgers stays, Kingsbury is out.  Kingsbury offense relies on running qb so forget it.

Kubiak just increased usage that are called for play action for Carr so far for Saints.  Rodgers won't match that.

Slowik has shown the ability to utilize a pocket qb in Stoud for Texans but it is the system Rodgers didn't care for. Hence he prefers Hackett because of old system.   If Slowik is that smart then he can let Rodgers run his offense for one more season while coach Jordan Travis up for 2026 in new system.  

Johnson is a wildcard because Lions had patience with Dan Campbell.  It paid off well but we still have Woody. Risky. 

Monken is known for adopting and adjusting offense to match offense's strength.  I don't remember him coming in new town and changing something the way he sees fit.  I still don't believe in Lamar Jackson but he plays really well for Monken.   He should be perfect candidate for Rodgers' offense and new system afterward.  Bruce Arians was 60 years old he become full time HC for first time so don't complain about Monken's age.

If you still believe in Douglas as GM then pair him with Monken for 3 years. 

We need a great leader who can identify great coaches and let them lead their units. 

Vrabel is the best coach available but he doesn't have the offensive mind we all want. However, he hired LaFluer who showed he can run an offense, Arthur Smith looked like an even better offensive mind under him. His teams were smart, disciplined and physical. 

I think the combination of Douglas and Vrabel is perfect and Vrabel would hire the right coaches around him and also set the tone for how he wants this team to play week to week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We need a great leader who can identify great coaches and let them lead their units. 

Vrabel is the best coach available but he doesn't have the offensive mind we all want. However, he hired LaFluer who showed he can run an offense, Arthur Smith looked like an even better offensive mind under him. His teams were smart, disciplined and physical. 

I think the combination of Douglas and Vrabel is perfect and Vrabel would hire the right coaches around him and also set the tone for how he wants this team to play week to week. 

I like Vrabel as a leader and worth the gamble on him picking the right OC.  Working out for DeMeco Ryans.

The more I think about it, the more I'm struggling with how much to blame on Hackett. We played 3 really good defenses and Rodgers did play in camp or preseason. On top of that, we've seen a lot of dropped passes as well as the bad game Rodgers had against the Vikings. 

If Rodgers came to camp and played in preseason, would that have improved chemistry? If the WRs like Lazard weren't leading the NFL in drops, how many points would we have gained? 

I do blame him for the poor run schemes, but I don't know how much of this is on Hackett. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm struggling with how much to blame on Hackett. We played 3 really good defenses and Rodgers did play in camp or preseason. On top of that, we've seen a lot of dropped passes as well as the bad game Rodgers had against the Vikings. 

If Rodgers came to camp and played in preseason, would that have improved chemistry? If the WRs like Lazard weren't leading the NFL in drops, how many points would we have gained? 

I do blame him for the poor run schemes, but I don't know how much of this is on Hackett. 

Hackett is better at run situation.   Maybe Downing calls pass offense whilst Hackett calls run offense.  Still he can't get anywhere going. shrug.

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I’m waiting for an easy defense for us.