New Regime Options

beardown3231

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Don’t underestimate the staying power of Flus with the way the defense has found its form the last month or so if we end up winning 6-7 games by season's end with an ownership group that’s still mentally stuck on a defense-fueled Super Bowl run that happened nearly 40 years ago. Remember, Flus didn’t pick Fields either. If the defense continues to looks good he may well be given that opportunity (“We’re on the cusp - let me get my QB in here and we’re gonna take off!). The team certainly hasn’t quit on him (though to be fair they didn’t quit on Nagy either). Also, while a potential lame duck season normally would limit your options for OC hires the prospect of working with Maye/Williams from day 1 might open those options right back up too. Them becoming stars would propel an ascending OC squarely into the HC candidate discussion.

I personally wouldn’t keep Flus beyond 2023. His game day management drives me crazy, and I think a lot of DCs could do good things with the talent we’re assembling on defense here (and will supplement further this offseason). But I’m not a McCaskey. 

Yup...I alluded to this before. A lot of people just assume that Flus will be fired into the sun no matter what but it's a long season. 

Also when you figure this team should really be 6-6 right now with the come from behind losses to the Broncos and Lions well they'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt right now 

The schedule to end the season isn't particularly hard either. Home against Lions who they showed they can hang with, at Cleveland who has a rookie QB playing, home against Cardinals & Falcons and then finishing it off on the road against GB.

I think 3 more wins isn't out of the question here, especially if the defense stays strong like it has shown lately 

I'm no Flus fan boy but if he can keep this team together down the stretch and finish strong then there's no telling what will happen

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The pay cut wouldn't be worth it.

I don’t think it’s a cut per se, but assuming he’s got full offset language in his CAR contract any work he does for the next few years would essentially be free. I don’t know Reich, but most people don’t want to work for free. My guess is he ends up a studio analyst somewhere. 

32 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think it’s a cut per se, but assuming he’s got full offset language in his CAR contract any work he does for the next few years would essentially be free. I don’t know Reich, but most people don’t want to work for free. My guess is he ends up a studio analyst somewhere. 

Reich told ESPN he was looking forward to the “next chapter” of his life…I could see him stepping away from football completely…

One thing that wouldn’t shock me is if he used his profile to promote his faith…seems incredibly important to him any time I have heard him speak (loved the Colts “with the next pick” YouTube stuff)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Between the colts job and depending on how long his contract with the panthers was, this man’s making upwards of $50-$60m over the next 5-7 years to sit on his *** at home.  Idk about all of you, but i can be bored for that kinda coin.  

i agree that studio analyst makes most sense, if anything.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:37 AM, topwop1 said:

Yup...I alluded to this before. A lot of people just assume that Flus will be fired into the sun no matter what but it's a long season. 

Also when you figure this team should really be 6-6 right now with the come from behind losses to the Broncos and Lions well they'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt right now 

The schedule to end the season isn't particularly hard either. Home against Lions who they showed they can hang with, at Cleveland who has a rookie QB playing, home against Cardinals & Falcons and then finishing it off on the road against GB.

I think 3 more wins isn't out of the question here, especially if the defense stays strong like it has shown lately 

I'm no Flus fan boy but if he can keep this team together down the stretch and finish strong then there's no telling what will happen

I've come around alot lately on possibility of Flus sticking around. I've gone from 1000%  to as high as 60/40 

I THINK Getsy is entirely in control of this Offense,  scheme formations execution playcalling, all of it and wo being checked  ! the scheme is either tooo complex or he has not taught it well enough OR he doesn't understand his QB

That said, any endorsement for Getsy from Flus would/should be death nail in his own coffin. 

I can now see a scenario in which Flus stays, esp if they already have a proper OC successor in mind. Continuity is VERY very important. 

Flus is still in great danger though and probably should be let go for not checking Getsy, or getting rid of Getsy altogether. 

How involved is Flus in the offense ? Do we know ?? Did  Flus and Poles entirely give reigns to Getsy after williams left ? I think so 

Flus gotta step in and put hammer down, demand POWER FOOTBALL ! heavy run and screen game to set up deep ball all throughout !  How are we still not doing this ??!