Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You can be a good team, but also not a great team.  It's like years ago when 7-9 was good enough to win the NFC West.  The Lions are probably a 9-11 win team that likely wins the NFC North.  Maybe if they get the right matchup in the Wild Card round they advance, but then they get curb stomped in the Divisional round.  Right now, you've got a reloading Green Bay team missing a good chunk of their OL and their best cover corner.  You've got a Minnesota team that can't get out of their own damn way.  And you've got the Chicago Bears who might be the worst franchise since the 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

This. They've got the talent to take it to teams like the Packers and Falcons, but they'll struggle with other mid-to-good level teams with half competent OLs like the Seahawks. The moment the other team forces Jared Goff to beat them, they're cooked.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL Then who was it against? Surely you know. It raised quite a ruckus.

Don't recall exactly. Just know he got ejected twice last year as a rookie and his one "knucklehead" penalty so far this year was a leaping unsportsmanlike penalty in a game down two scores late. I'll take that as progress.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Pretty fair take .. It's hard to say yet what Love can be.  Personally I think he's got something, but he's maddeningly inconsistent at this point.  Just have to hope he and the rest of the crew improve throughout the season.  Some key injuries figure into this, but the super young cast of characters is also a huge challenge.  I think our talent level on the Oline may need a massive upgrade.  I think one of these current starters might be here for the long haul, but I think 3-4 of them need a massive challenge.  I'm not sure any of the middle three will be here in the next year or two.

May I take a moment to ask why Milwaukee fans would see their tickets for profit rather than go support their team....or at least sell them to a Packer fan. Is having season tickets a "business" now for them. Their is a huge waiting list for fans that actually want to go to the games and support the Packers.

Shame on Milwaukee fans.  Maybe we need to revoke their season tickets.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

May I take a moment to ask why Milwaukee fans would see their tickets for profit rather than go support their team....or at least sell them to a Packer fan. Is having season tickets a "business" now for them. Their is a huge waiting list for fans that actually want to go to the games and support the Packers.

Shame on Milwaukee fans.  Maybe we need to revoke their season tickets.

If the Packers were capable of playing better against this team....the presence of DET fans wouldnt have been noticed.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pretty fair take .. It's hard to say yet what Love can be.  Personally I think he's got something, but he's maddeningly inconsistent at this point.  Just have to hope he and the rest of the crew improve throughout the season.  Some key injuries figure into this, but the super young cast of characters is also a huge challenge.  I think our talent level on the Oline may need a massive upgrade.  I think one of these current starters might be here for the long haul, but I think 3-4 of them need a massive challenge.  I'm not sure any of the middle three will be here in the next year or two.

I would say the offensive line being as bad as it is definitely made Love look worse.  I mean, yes he does fire bad passes in the form of hot potatoes that ricochet off players when thrown too hot and too high.  A lot of Brett Favre stuff both good and bad there.  But with this OL we had out there unable to stop only 4 DLmen, that's gonna be trouble any day of the week.

Now, the other problem is LaFleur can't get this offense to start good period.  Been nothing but garbage all season in the 1st half, and if we don't score some first half points, we're gonna lose to the awful Josh McDaniels team next week.  This is by far the worst 1st quarter Packers team I have ever seen since the Lindy Infante days, and our HC is completely unable to fix it.