Raiders QB Jimmy Garoppolo in concussion protocol

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just about every coach in the league gets another chance if their QB goes down and you have to roll with a mid to late round rookie.  IF Aidan looks like there is a sliver of upside JMD bought himself another year.  The person who gets fired this year will be Graham.

I don't see how anyone could believe the defense didn't produce because of Graham.  They gave him single ply toilet paper to defend the pass.  They signed backups to start for us.  It's literally Crosby and 10 turds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If you are referencing the QB situation remember Aidan is JMD-Z's guy also.  I would bet Hoyer goes in for one series and gets some random injury and is out for weeks while Jimmy G's concussion lingers.  It seems to be the story line the NFL uses.

I see what you saying But it’s not as much invested in him like jimmy. I think aoc has a chance cause he was their draft pick. Just not holding my breath cause we don’t do things that make sense 

Just now, Jerry said:

I don't see how anyone could believe the defense didn't produce because of Graham.  They gave him single ply toilet paper to defend the pass.  They signed backups to start for us.  It's literally Crosby and 10 turds.

And still someone not named JMD will take the blame.  I said last year that Carr would be gone and JMD still here this year.  I also said that Graham would be another fall guy.  None of what I am saying is what I think would be best.  I am just saying what I think will be.  I wanted to trade everyone except Crosby before last year and start building through the draft.  Although he is a great player I said trading for Adams was a waste.  I wanted to trade Carr and Waller.  This team sucked even after a playoff game and needed to be built back up.  We have wasted picks and cap just to get worse.  This team is frustrating to watch.

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I see what you saying But it’s not as much invested in him like jimmy. I think aoc has a chance cause he was their draft pick. Just not holding my breath cause we don’t do things that make sense 

I was comparing him to Hoyer and who plays with Jimmy out.  If AO looks good and Jimmy comes back I think there is zero chance they give the ball back to Jimmy after these first 3 games.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Careful... this is what I said in the offseason and it triggered the usual crowd. He's made some iffy calls at times, but the talent level to execute a defense is pathetic. 

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Careful... this is what I said in the offseason and it triggered the usual crowd. He's made some iffy calls at times, but the talent level to execute a defense is pathetic. 

The defense needs playmakers at all 3 levels sound familiar ? Haven’t had a deep dline since the Houston, Seymour, Kelly, Bryant days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Questionable calls and scheming, not adapting to what we have albeit limited, inability to make adjustments in designs soother teams can just routinely spam the same thing over and over, guys clearly not being ready for live action. 

The talent level on D isn't good, no doubt. But Graham is a recurring issue everywhere he's been too, outside of one season. We were trash last year on D to the point of embarrassment. We got some better players (and I'll concede that better is relative here- do we want sinkers or floaters) and yet we look considerably worse in several aspects on D. The pass rush is still hot garbage, the CBs are better individual players than last year yet still look lost most of the time, tackling is sloppy, our S's may as well just ride the pine. 

The only player who looks improved from last season is Deablo (Crosby doesn't count, we all know he's great). Nobody else returning looks better, but several guys do look like they've genuinely regressed at each level of the D- one could blame the DL coach, the LB coach, or the DB coach individually, and they're not blameless by any stretch of the imagination. But they're Graham's staff, and that's how accountability works. We've played against 2 pretty laughable offenses- one that was a joke even last year and the other coordinated by Matt Canada- and 1 offense that was coming.off of a horrid turnover-filled performance, and we've looked pretty comparatively bad in each game. 

The offense sucking so tremendously bad has taken some of the spotlight off of Graham and fhe D, but by no means should that make them or Graham safe by default. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That crowd needs to lay off the crap pipe.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Questionable calls and scheming, not adapting to what we have albeit limited, inability to make adjustments in designs soother teams can just routinely spam the same thing over and over, guys clearly not being ready for live action. 

The talent level on D isn't good, no doubt. But Graham is a recurring issue everywhere he's been too, outside of one season. We were trash last year on D to the point of embarrassment. We got some better players (and I'll concede that better is relative here- do we want sinkers or floaters) and yet we look considerably worse in several aspects on D. The pass rush is still hot garbage, the CBs are better individual players than last year yet still look lost most of the time, tackling is sloppy, our S's may as well just ride the pine. 

The only player who looks improved from last season is Deablo (Crosby doesn't count, we all know he's great). Nobody else returning looks better, but several guys do look like they've genuinely regressed at each level of the D- one could blame the DL coach, the LB coach, or the DB coach individually, and they're not blameless by any stretch of the imagination. But they're Graham's staff, and that's how accountability works. We've played against 2 pretty laughable offenses- one that was a joke even last year and the other coordinated by Matt Canada- and 1 offense that was coming.off of a horrid turnover-filled performance, and we've looked pretty comparatively bad in each game. 

The offense sucking so tremendously bad has taken some of the spotlight off of Graham and fhe D, but by no means should that make them or Graham safe by default. 

I'm just saying, give the man some players on defense before we just fire him.  I could understand firing him if he failed with what was a top 5 defense in 2022, but our defense has been bottom 10 for almost 20 years.  The least we could do is provide him some real starting caliber players before we just fire him.  It's literally the most scapegoat thing McDonalds could do.  Like you said, we've literally transitioned from floaters to sinkers.  Unless we can get a top DC (really doubt it), I would stick with Graham until he fails after we give him 11 players that should be capable of a top 16 defense and he still isn't able to make it happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

That crowd needs to lay off the crap pipe.

I'm just saying, give the man some players on defense before we just fire him.  I could understand firing him if he failed with what was a top 5 defense in 2022, but our defense has been bottom 10 for almost 20 years.  The least we could do is provide him some real starting caliber players before we just fire him.  It's literally the most scapegoat thing McDonalds could do.  Like you said, we've literally transitioned from floaters to sinkers.  Unless we can get a top DC (really doubt it), I would stick with Graham until he fails after we give him 11 players that should be capable of a top 16 defense and he still isn't able to make it happen.

McDaniels scapegoating has little to do with it though. Graham has been embarrassing, guys have largely regressed, and the man saw fit to line Cle Ferrill up at CB last year

If he was worth keeping, we would've seen something by now. The man is destined to be a positional coach at best once we finally cut ties with him. No point trying force a square peg into a round hole and pretend he's a capable defensive coordinator in this league. He gets worse and worse every year he's been a DC. 

On 9/27/2023 at 3:19 PM, ronjon1990 said:

McDaniels scapegoating has little to do with it though. Graham has been embarrassing, guys have largely regressed, and the man saw fit to line Cle Ferrill up at CB last year

If he was worth keeping, we would've seen something by now. The man is destined to be a positional coach at best once we finally cut ties with him. No point trying force a square peg into a round hole and pretend he's a capable defensive coordinator in this league. He gets worse and worse every year he's been a DC. 

I was at the Steelers game and I could see he was making bad personnel calls for the situations.  There was multiple times I called out where the Steelers were going to attack.  Not because I am smart but because it was obvious.  Yes we need more talent, I do not think anyone is arguing this, but he still makes stupid decisions.  The Cle situation was laughable but these are still calls I doubt a decent high school coach would make.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, big_palooka said:

I think some of the young guys have came around. We still have a glaring hole at LB and DT, but the defense can make huge strides with impact guys at those positions.

• Like 1