Week 4: Miami Dolphins (3-0) @ Buffalo Bills (2-1)

TheKillerNacho

Week 4: MIA @ BUF  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • James Cook
    • Latavius Murray
    • Damien Harris
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Gabe Davis
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dawson Knox
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2023 at 05:00 PM

FdhvSWEXEAA6EV9.png

Here's the real test: after all the hype surrounding the Miami offense, can we go into Buffalo and win? Despite the current standings, I still think it's Buffalo's division until we take it from them - winning here would give us a 2.5-point lead. However, Buffalo has look signficiantly better in the games following their Week 1 MNF humiliation against the Jets. Somewhat lost in the hype of our 70-20 humiliation of Denver, the Bills also had a statement win last week crushing Washington 37-3.

Obviously we have the edge offensively, but they have the edge defensively. While I'm certainly not confident saying we win or lose either way, I think we have a decent shot. At the very least, I'd like to see a close game and most importantly don't let Matt Milano (or anyone else) break Tua again!!

Cautiously optimistic... my prediction:

Miami 31
Buffalo 30

Hope to see Ken Dorsey do another one of these!:

ken-dorsey-tantrum.gif

Fins up!!

• Like 2

Wow I am excited for this game! My wives best friend & her husband are in town from Miami so it'll be interesting to watch the game with the enemy lol. 

With how Miami has been playing to start the year I am expecting a lose tbh. Your guys offense looks unstoppable right now even if our new defense under Sean McDermott has looked the part. 

From the Bills perspective, our best chance to win will be the matchups below:

1. Josh Allen vs the Dolphins D. He usually plays great against Miami, Buffalo won't have a chance if Allen & the offense don't get to 30 points.
  2. Bills LB speed vs Dolphins speed. I would argue Milano is the best LB in football right now and our new MLB Terrell Bernard has 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT and FR last week. He looks like a mini Milano. Both are smaller, fast LB's which I think will be an interesting matchup with all the track speed the dolphins have on offense. 

I'll go Dolphins 31-Bills 27. Wouldn't shock me though if the Bills won this home game, then the Dolphins win their home matchup in week 18.

• Like 2

I'm also going Fins 31-Bills 27.  I voted for Achane as the high scorer, but that's only because Mostert wasn't listed for some reason.  Mostert abused the Bills last year, and we've all seen just how much better the run game is this year.  This should be a terrific game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Wow I am excited for this game! My wives best friend & her husband are in town from Miami so it'll be interesting to watch the game with the enemy lol. 

With how Miami has been playing to start the year I am expecting a lose tbh. Your guys offense looks unstoppable right now even if our new defense under Sean McDermott has looked the part. 

From the Bills perspective, our best chance to win will be the matchups below:

1. Josh Allen vs the Dolphins D. He usually plays great against Miami, Buffalo won't have a chance if Allen & the offense don't get to 30 points.
  2. Bills LB speed vs Dolphins speed. I would argue Milano is the best LB in football right now and our new MLB Terrell Bernard has 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT and FR last week. He looks like a mini Milano. Both are smaller, fast LB's which I think will be an interesting matchup with all the track speed the dolphins have on offense. 

I'll go Dolphins 31-Bills 27. Wouldn't shock me though if the Bills won this home game, then the Dolphins win their home matchup in week 18.

How's Cook been? Our run defense has been far more vulnerable than our pass defense so far this year. If you guys are able to run a balanced offense we'll have a hard time stopping you and it'll shorten the number of possessions we'll get. Good luck!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

How's Cook been? Our run defense has been far more vulnerable than our pass defense so far this year. If you guys are able to run a balanced offense we'll have a hard time stopping you and it'll shorten the number of possessions we'll get. Good luck!

He's looked like a legit player and a weapon we can use on offense. We still mix in Murray or Damien Harris periodically but Cook so far is 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards and has a 6.1 YPC. Going to be a great game, just no injuries please. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I went with a Bills win 38-35 in our GDT. Also predicting week 18 will be for the division and on Sunday Night Football.

Here's to an injury free game and no Wilkins sacks(grabbing) 😉

LMAO!!!!  He definitely grabbed a sac in our first match up last season.  I felt bad for Josh Allen after that one.

I'm going with Miami 35-33, but I'm also wearing my Aqua and Orange sunglasses LOL.  Buffalo's defense IS NOT Denver's defense, they are playing on another level right now.  This will be the first time this season either team has really played a good team, so whoever wins this one is going to climb the power rankings (especially if Miami wins since we actually beat the Jets LOL).

My request to the Bills Defense; Please, oh pretty please......Stay away from Tua, (Looking at Epenesa and Milano)

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

The Bills will play us tough. Don’t let 70-20 fool you, Denver was having success running the ball until the score got out of hand. I expect Allen to use his legs and keep drives alive. 

I share the sentiment, here’s to an injury free game. 

Were they though?  They had 9 carries for 35 yards in the 1st half, and 16 of those came on one carry.  That's pretty bad.

18 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Were they though?  They had 9 carries for 35 yards in the 1st half, and 16 of those came on one carry.  That's pretty bad.

Yeah i thought they did much better passing, they had a good amount of chunk plays. Think they had something like five 20+ yard passes

Hopefully we can limit those against Buffalo

3 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Well then, to quote Adam Savage: “I reject your reality and substitute my own.” 

Haha.  I get where you were coming from though.  The D was abused so badly in the run game by the Chargers that it has felt like they have let everyone run on them.  But they shut down both the Patriots and Broncos very well.  

3 hours ago, Emerica said:

Yeah i thought they did much better passing, they had a good amount of chunk plays. Think they had something like five 20+ yard passes

Hopefully we can limit those against Buffalo

You would think that they try something similar on D to what they did against the Chargers.  They played mostly nickel all game to minimize Herbert/Allen/Williams.  Chargers obviously ran right over and through the D, but Buffalo has neither the OL of the Chargers, nor the same talent at RB.  Should be interesting.

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Haha.  I get where you were coming from though.  The D was abused so badly in the run game by the Chargers that it has felt like they have let everyone run on them.  But they shut down both the Patriots and Broncos very well.  

You would think that they try something similar on D to what they did against the Chargers.  They played mostly nickel all game to minimize Herbert/Allen/Williams.  Chargers obviously ran right over and through the D, but Buffalo has neither the OL of the Chargers, nor the same talent at RB.  Should be interesting.

Honestly it has a lot to do with offensive balance. The Chargers kept us guessing all game, and had great success in the air and ground. Meanwhile, we were able to force New England and Denver to become one dimensional and focus solely on shutting down their passing game. The Bills have been great so far this season generating a balanced attack - if they do so in this game I have little doubt they'll be able to run all over us like the Chargers did.

I fully expect this to be a pretty high-scoring game.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly it has a lot to do with offensive balance. The Chargers kept us guessing all game, and had great success in the air and ground. Meanwhile, we were able to force New England and Denver to become one dimensional and focus solely on shutting down their passing game. The Bills have been great so far this season generating a balanced attack - if they do so in this game I have little doubt they'll be able to run all over us like the Chargers did.

I fully expect this to be a pretty high-scoring game.

Chargers did little in the air in Week 1, and it was by design. I mean, David Long only played 11 snaps or something and he’s the best early down LB on the team by a pretty substantial margin. They never got out of nickel packages in order to limit that Chargers pass attack. The big problem was how badly that solid Chargers OL abused the Miami DL. Bills don’t have anywhere near that same talent on the OL. I would be shocked if they could repeat anything close to what the Chargers did.

But it doesn’t matter much anyway. Bills will throw it more and Allen has that gunslinger mentality. He won’t sit back and throw underneath stuff all game. Gonna be a good and fun game, assuming everyone stays healthy.