Week 4: Miami Dolphins (3-0) @ Buffalo Bills (2-1)

TheKillerNacho

Week 4: MIA @ BUF  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • James Cook
    • Latavius Murray
    • Damien Harris
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Gabe Davis
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dawson Knox
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2023 at 05:00 PM

Excited for this game! And I have to say, your fans on this site seem down to earth and chill. Much better than on Reddit in which Bills and Dolphins fans are at each other's necks. LAME!

I want Tua to stay healthy, and for an Allen/Tua rivalry to be something we talk about decades from now. Tua just seems like such a cool, down to earth dude. Allen has spoked highly of him a few times. 

Good luck, but not too much luck! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Chargers did little in the air in Week 1, and it was by design. I mean, David Long only played 11 snaps or something and he’s the best early down LB on the team by a pretty substantial margin. They never got out of nickel packages in order to limit that Chargers pass attack. The big problem was how badly that solid Chargers OL abused the Miami DL. Bills don’t have anywhere near that same talent on the OL. I would be shocked if they could repeat anything close to what the Chargers did.

But it doesn’t matter much anyway. Bills will throw it more and Allen has that gunslinger mentality. He won’t sit back and throw underneath stuff all game. Gonna be a good and fun game, assuming everyone stays healthy.

Buffalo's O line is actually rating really highly right now, and I have to agree with those ratings from what I've seen. They run a lot of 12 personnel now, so the TEs will also chip in a block to slow the DEs down before running their routes, and it's paying dividends thus far. Torrence, their 2nd round pick, has been a god send and McGovern has been a pleasant surprise to say the least. The interior of the line has been much better and giving Brown (RT) some help with the TEs has gone a long way in making him look serviceable. 

Dorsey wants an offense that can kill clock and put up points. An offense that dominates ToP. We'll see how it goes against a Miami defense that has seemingly been making life more and more difficult for Allen the past year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wilkins and co. make life difficult on Allen and play a big role in forcing turnovers. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Excited for this game! And I have to say, your fans on this site seem down to earth and chill. Much better than on Reddit in which Bills and Dolphins fans are at each other's necks. LAME!

I want Tua to stay healthy, and for an Allen/Tua rivalry to be something we talk about decades from now. Tua just seems like such a cool, down to earth dude. Allen has spoked highly of him a few times. 

Good luck, but not too much luck! 

Same with the Bills fans on here.  Everyone on both sides seems to be much more realistic than in other parts of the interwebz.  

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Buffalo's O line is actually rating really highly right now, and I have to agree with those ratings from what I've seen. They run a lot of 12 personnel now, so the TEs will also chip in a block to slow the DEs down before running their routes, and it's paying dividends thus far. Torrence, their 2nd round pick, has been a god send and McGovern has been a pleasant surprise to say the least. The interior of the line has been much better and giving Brown (RT) some help with the TEs has gone a long way in making him look serviceable. 

Dorsey wants an offense that can kill clock and put up points. An offense that dominates ToP. We'll see how it goes against a Miami defense that has seemingly been making life more and more difficult for Allen the past year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wilkins and co. make life difficult on Allen and play a big role in forcing turnovers. 

Oh, for sure.  I didn't mean to imply that the Bills had a trash OL or anything.  They've been playing well and definitely deserve credit.  My comment was more aimed at how good the Chargers OL is.  When they are all healthy, as they were Week 1, that's a top 5 group in the NFL.  I'm not sure even the most ardent Buffalo fan could argue that their OL is in that stratosphere.  

• Like 1

No OL brought up from the PS bodes very well for Williams playing tomorrow. Armstead already said he’s playing, so that wasn’t an issue. 

I think tomorrow may end up being one of the most run heavy games we’ve seen so far out of a Mike McD offense. 

13 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

No OL brought up from the PS bodes very well for Williams playing tomorrow. Armstead already said he’s playing, so that wasn’t an issue. 

I think tomorrow may end up being one of the most run heavy games we’ve seen so far out of a Mike McD offense. 

Looks like C Will is out, Eichenberg time at C.

54 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Brandon Jones has seemingly forgotten how to tackle since last year. We are playing sloppy as hell right now

I think losing Elliot is killing us. We don't match well against the 12 personnel look. Ideally I think we roll Holland up and let him play the sub LB/star look. If you're gonna leave Kohou with Diggs then use Kohou to jam and play the cover two look with the clouded safety over top. But without another safety we have to keep Holland deep. Either way Kohou on an island against Diggs isn't it. Even when we keep Jones over top Diggs scored a TD.

I think we're doing the same thing we did with LA. Basically play to not let up the big plays (not working though) and dare Allen to be patient and hope he forces the issue. However Allen is playing insanely well. He's not hucking up prayer shots. 

Maybe we look different when we play them later on with hopefully a healthy Ramsey, Elliott, and Phillips on defense. 

Also, Terron Armstead lasted 5 quarters. He's stellar when healthy but maybe time to draft a LT early this off-season. 

• Like 1

Some game 4 stats in the 2000's for the Dolphins which has been a total of 24 years/games now.

Miami has started the season 3 - 0 five times and has not won the 4th game in a row in any of those seasons and has lost at least the next 2 games the last three times they started a season 3 and 0.

In the last 24 years Miami is 7 and 17 in the forth game of the season. Week 4, its odd but a noticeable glaring lack of wins in week 4 of the season.

Today was a reality check I will be curious to see how they respond next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Emerica said:

Looks like C Will is out, Eichenberg time at C.

I saw that and immediately knew it was going to be tough sledding for the offense.  That was a massive, massive drop in talent.  There was pressure up the middle all day, and at least two of the sacks fell squarely on Eichenberg.  He's just so terrible.  Good news is that hopefully he is healed up after taking this week off, and we won't have to worry about that going forward.  Armstead got hurt again, which is standard protocol these days, but Lamm honestly is fine as his replacement.  Get Williams back and this offense starts cooking again.

But man, that D was horrendous today.  So sloppy.  

• Like 1

Just wanted to come by and say good game fellas. We will obviously meet again and I still think that game is for the division.

Unfortunately both teams suffered some injuries which is never fun. Hopefully Armstead is back soon and Williams gets back at Center.

See you guys in December.  

• Like 1