Weighing Futures of Current GM and Current HC

chisoxguy7

Poles is 50/50 on surviving at this point IMO. I have wanted Warren to be kind of cutthroat so I vote for the axe there. 

Eberflus takes a year or two off then jumps back as a DC because no one is giving him another shot at HC 

Owners will continue to be useless, but with them focuses solely on business I expect the stadium to be an indoor stadium. Like a deteriorating mall that gets converted. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Poles is 50/50 on surviving at this point IMO. I have wanted Warren to be kind of cutthroat so I vote for the axe there. 

Eberflus takes a year or two off then jumps back as a DC because no one is giving him another shot at HC 

Owners will continue to be useless, but with them focuses solely on business I expect the stadium to be an indoor stadium. Like a deteriorating mall that gets converted. 

I myself am also torn on Poles. Has he been terrible? No. And he hasn't been around for that long either, really only one season and one draft with his own staff in place (2022 draft was Pace's scouts, etc).

But he has made some head scratcher decisions, specifically his FA approach and the allocation of our early draft picks. Others will mention the Claypool trade, which is valid, but how many times have we had a front office who just refuses to make moves like that? I'll give the guy credit for at least taking a shot, even if it was a little bit of an overplay for a guy who didn't project to improve much more. But without being in the room and seeing the scouting reports, who knows what they were expecting out of the guy. Presently it was a bad move.

Gun to my head I think I'm letting him go as well. He has done some things well but I don't see how you can have the draft picks and salary cap that we have had the last two years and this is the product that is being put on the field in 2023.

Assuming we clean house, I'm encouraged by the fact that we will break the cycle of drafting the QB first and bringing in the staff later. Though if Kingsbury and the Cardinals are any evidence... you still have to get the QB pick right.

All of this is moot though if the Bears don't fully commit to the reorganization of the franchise. George needs to stay out of it and let Warren do his job. If that doesn't happen, none of this matters and we'll be back here in another 2-3 years.

I agree with your assessment on Eberflus.

Most of all I wish this team would just win a little bit and that it spurs the McCaskeys to go out on top and just sell the team and bring some fresh faces in. Same thing needs to happen with the Sox and Bulls.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Don't we have a thread called "New Regime Options?" or is this thread strictly to s*** all over these losers?

New regime options is about immediate next replacements. This thread is the more realistic long term option, since the next thing won’t stick, nor the next one or the one after that. This thread will be a constant in the lives of our kids and future grandkids. 

and since this thread is sempiternal, first page shoutout to ChicagoAl (RIP) and the posters who have moved on but I hope are still alright: Grrlacher, Thug, Jack, Berrianburns, Soulman, Madmike84, and anyone else I’m missing. 

Is there anything Pace or Eberflus can do in the immediate future to save their jobs? Or has the candle burnt out?

Given how poor we have looked, I don't even want Poles to entertain the idea of trading away draft picks at this point. If anything, we should be going the opposite way and trading guys who won't be here next year for more picks. Just throw in the towel on this season--there has been nothing encouraging to build off of.

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Is there anything Pace or Eberflus can do in the immediate future to save their jobs? Or has the candle burnt out?

Given how poor we have looked, I don't even want Poles to entertain the idea of trading away draft picks at this point. If anything, we should be going the opposite way and trading guys who won't be here next year for more picks. Just throw in the towel on this season--there has been nothing encouraging to build off of.

I am not even sure Flus wants to be here right now...the man just seems done.

It is clear he is in over his head...I don't doubt he will go back to being a good DC somewhere but that is his level and he probably knows that now as much as we do.

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Poles and below are fired, imo..... Poles had the right idea with building through the draft, but you actually need to draft difference makers. His draft and FA moves have all sucked.

I'm terrified the McCaskeys give everyone another year. They've never moved on from a head coach this quickly since Paddy Driscoll in 56-57 and even then his record was 14-9-1 and without doing any further research and knowing who came next, safe to say he stepped aside or was forced out for Halas to run the show again.

Outside of Driscoll, Trestman's 32 games are the next fewest. Eberflus will have 34 at the end of the year. Fox got 48. Nagy had 65. Moving on from coaches this early is certainly not the Bears typical way of operating.

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I'm terrified the McCaskeys give everyone another year. They've never moved on from a head coach this quickly since Paddy Driscoll in 56-57 and even then his record was 14-9-1 and without doing any further research and knowing who came next, safe to say he stepped aside or was forced out for Halas to run the show again.

Outside of Driscoll, Trestman's 32 games are the next fewest. Eberflus will have 34 at the end of the year. Fox got 48. Nagy had 65. Moving on from coaches this early is certainly not the Bears typical way of operating.

In the first paragraph you say they've never moved on from a coach this fast since 1957 and then in the next you say Trestman was fired after less games than what Eberflus will have after week 18

I get the feeling they'll tell Poles he's either responsible for firing Eberflus or he's gone too. Either way, Eberflus will not be the coach in 2024

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I'm terrified the McCaskeys give everyone another year.

Unironically I think Caleb Williams will cause them to fire everyone. Just the risk of the national embarrassment from "the best qb prospect in a decade" going on national television and being like "hell no I'm not playing for that dumpster franchise, they ruin everyone's careers" is enough to fire everyone, tbh. They literally need to be able to sell QB prospects on  why Chicago is worth playing for.

• Like 2