In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

• VikeManDan changed the title to In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?
15 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

On a more serious note about our defense, I don't think I was alone in having Pat Jones as a possible cut candidate heading into training camp but the man is balling out and we love to see it. 

He's certainly playing himself into a nice extension or a free agent deal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

He's certainly playing himself into a nice extension or a free agent deal.

I was one of the few who supported Pat Jones all along for making the team because of his versatility in being able to play on the DL on 3rd downs.  I think him having the quickest twitch off the snap of any Viking DL/LB has really helped him...finally.  His potential has always been there.  He's still got a lot of work to do, but it's nice to see him finally get some results.  

It'll be interesting to see what they do with him after this year.  He is due to be a free agent, but I wonder if people will view him as simply one of those "contract year" players. 

Edited by swede700

Unless the Falcons and/or Eagles go on a sack rampage tonight the Vikings will lead the league in sacks through 2 weeks.

Vikings: 11
Texans: 9
Cardinals, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, Lions, Saints, and Jets: 7

Falcons and Eagles: 2

Cashman's sack yesterday was impressive. IIRC he ran a stunt with Turner and chipped Trent Williams to allow Turner to come free but ended up making the sack himself. Announcers seems to blame Purdy for not getting the ball out quickly enough but Cashman made a heckuva play on that one.

• Like 1

What I really like about the defense this year is that they play tough and are not afraid to hit hard and play through the whistle.

In years past, it always seemed like our defense played a little soft (with a few exceptions). I loved Kendricks, but he didn't have that nasty streak that Pace has. 

You don't need gentlemen on Defense. You need dawgs. And we have them.

• Like 3