Is it time to worry about Burrow and the Bengals?

notthatbluestuff

Resting Burrow through the bye week ( week 7) is probably the best move.  They could also then be 1-5 with games at SF and home vs Buffalo.  

Throwing a season away is tough for a ye that has superbowl aspirations/potential

Edited by squire12
  • Like 1

Joe Burrow and the Bengals will be fine in the long term. For this season though? I would be very worried. His leg isn't allowing him to play under center or throw anything deep which makes it very easy for defenses to adjust and stop what they are doing. 

There's a "who is the golden boy of the NFL" thread going around in the general forum right now and this just shows it is Mahomes and then it is Joe Burrow. 

**2022 season Josh Allen plays with a partially torn UCL on his throwing arm the 2nd half of the season and plays bad. Everyone "See, he sucks! Not even close to a top 5 QB! What is wrong with him?!?! Brian Daboll made him!!"

**2023 season Joe Burrow plays with a strained calf: "It's not his fault! He's playing on one leg! Just rest him it's a waste of a season."

(this is not Burrow slander, just illustrating the difference in the media narratives regarding both QBs).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Soggust said:

Really disappointed with the lack of "he's been exposed" or "he was never good" takes here.

Does FF even FF anymore? Or have we all just aged into reasonable adults?

Is this an attempt at sarcasm here? 

He is obviously playing hurt behind a questionable line.   

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Joe Burrow and the Bengals will be fine in the long term. For this season though? I would be very worried. His leg isn't allowing him to play under center or throw anything deep which makes it very easy for defenses to adjust and stop what they are doing. 

There's a "who is the golden boy of the NFL" thread going around in the general forum right now and this just shows it is Mahomes and then it is Joe Burrow. 

**2022 season Josh Allen plays with a partially torn UCL on his throwing arm the 2nd half of the season and plays bad. Everyone "See, he sucks! Not even close to a top 5 QB! What is wrong with him?!?! Brian Daboll made him!!"

**2023 season Joe Burrow plays with a strained calf: "It's not his fault! He's playing on one leg! Just rest him it's a waste of a season."

(this is not Burrow slander, just illustrating the difference in the media narratives regarding both QBs).

The funny thing is that in the (rather brilliant) thread you're describing, Allen received nearly as many mentions as Burrow for Golden Boy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The funny thing is that in the (rather brilliant) thread you're describing, Allen received nearly as many mentions as Burrow for Golden Boy.

In terms of Madden and commercials, I can def see why Allen had as many votes. He has commercials with Pepsi, YouTube, Gillette, Frito Lay and others. 

I'm talking the football heads at ESPN, Fox Sports, NFL Network, Bill Simmons, etc. Only one will get criticized after a bad game, the other QB won't. 

Like I said above, Burrow is hurt. He is still an elite, top 3 QB and will be for his career. The Bengals should be worried about this year but not their future.